The Flashback

Chapter 8: The Flashback

Remnant, Merlot's Island

POV: The Blues and Reds

Premise: "To take a life when a life has been lost is revenge, not justice."

-0-

The Blues and Reds, minus Temple, Felix, and the Meta were hanging out in an area of the facility. Temple was off presumably dealing with both Cinder and Adam, which allowed them some breathing room.

"I'm telling you guys, this is getting outta hand." Gene said to them

"[What was your first clue?]" Lorenzo asked sarcastically

"Guys, I'm serious." Gene continued, "We're way out of our league right now. Monsters, animal people, gods, other dimensions."

"I think you're overthinking this dude." Buckey spoke up, "We got ourselves a good gig, look at all the hot faunus chicks! Cinder too!"

"Buckey, I highly doubt Cinder would ever want to have a night with you." said Cronut

"Oh she'll fall for me, boom chicka wah wah!"

"Guys!" Gene got their attention, "You remember why we signed up for this?"

"Sign up for what?"

The group then noticed Temple standing in the entrance of the room they were all in. He leaned against the door with his arms crossed before standing up and walked towards his team.

"Nothing." Gene answered

Temple chuckled lightly, "I think you're not getting the reason why we fight Gene. We fight for revenge."

"Yeah, on the UNSC." Gene retorted, "We signed up to get back on them. Now we're fighting in Dungeons and Dragons, which we didn't sign up for."

"The Reds and Blues are the UNSC's poster boys." Temple argued as he walked towards Gene, stopping at his face, "Once we deal with them, they will lose all their morale. And then, we'll come in with our new army."

"I've looked into your Grimm experimentations Mark." Gene said to him

Temple nodded, "Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Beautiful?" Gene repeated, "Unethical. Dangerous."

"Nonsense!" Temple shouted as he made his way to the door, "This is what we want!"

"Is it what Biff would've wanted?" Gene questioned, making Temple stop in his tracks. He stood in the door for a few seconds before leaving...

-0-

POV Change: Desert Gulch, 2554

One Year ago...

Temple stood in the middle of the boxed canyon he called home for who knows how long. It had been what? A year or two since Biff died? He didn't remember, he didn't care. It was those Freelancers that killed him, all because they needed to win the battle.

'This isn't about you!' the cyan soldier shouted at him as she ran after the black armored one

Temple sneered underneath his helmet even more at the thought of the Freelancers. So much so that he didn't even notice the sound of footsteps approaching from behind him.

"Hanging out here again son?"

Temple turned to see Surge standing behind him, railgun in hand.

"I'm guessing this is where you and Biff hung out all those nights?" Surge guessed