The Vytal Festival

Chapter 2: The Vytal Festival

Remnant, Island of Patch

POV: Ruby Rose

Premise: "My silence is not my weakness...it is the beginning of my revenge."

-0-

Remnant's sun rose in the sky as Ruby Rose looked over the drive of her mother, Summer Rose. The gravestone was engraved with her symbol and the words: 'Summer Rose: Thus kindly, I scatter.'

Ruby took her hood off and looked at her mom's grave, "Hey, mom...sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you."

Ruby looked down slightly, "I miss you too...Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd people. Oh! Right! They call themselves the Reds and Blues. They're these guys in cool armor from another dimension, they've fought mercenaries, aliens, artificial intelligence. You know, cool stuff! One of them...is...he's special...I think you what I mean. But we've stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow."

Ruby then heard the sound of her dog, Zwei barking. She turned to see him and her dad, Tai waiting for her.

"Oh! Looks like Dad's back! I gotta go! He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish me luck!" she added before walking towards her dad and Zwei, but stopped and turned once more, "It was good to talk. I wish you could meet my new friends, they're badass."

-0-

POV Change: Continent of Sanus

"REPORT TO YOUR STATIONS! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK! I REPEAT!" a White Fang enforcer shouted as his fellow brothers and sisters. All WF soldiers readied their weapons, only to get run over by an incoming vehicle.

The Warthog sped across the dirt road as Dexter Grif controlled it behind the wheel. Driving furiously in order to avoid any incoming fire. Colonel Sarge fired his shotgun at various WF goons that were on the road. That is, until he noticed a WF soldier with a jetpack fly onto the Warthog's roof. The red soldier flipped onto the roof himself, and before the goon could attack him. Sarge managed to disarm the guy and stab the faunus' jetpack with his combat knife. The goon then flew off before crashing into his fellow brothers, in a fiery blaze.

"Haha! Suck on that fellas!" Sarge shouted as he jumped back into his seat

"Excellent job sir!" Richard Simmons said to him from the gun turret

"Thank you Simmons!" Sarge replied before turning to look at Grif, "Grif! Quit your staring and get to stepping! On the gas pronto!"

"Yeah, on it." said Grif, as he stepped on the gas pedal, "Wait, what about the others?"

"Oh don't worry about them." Sarge replied, "I'm sure they'll show up right about...now."

Suddenly, a Mongoose drove past them and both Agents Wasington and Carolina jumped off the moving vehicle, allowing it to continue driving into various White Fang operatives. Wash immediately pulled out two knives and threw them into two enemies before grabbing onto another guy and using him as shield as he opened fire with his battle rifle. Meanwhile Carolina ran faster than the speed of sound, thanks to her new speed enchantment. Blue lightning trailed behind her while she knocked over several WF goons.