The Lesson

Chapter 9: The Lesson

Remnant, Kingdom of Vale, Beacon Academy

POV: Weiss Schnee

Premise: "Revenge? No. That never solves stuff, but karma will get you and set everything right."

-0-

In an elegant twilit pavilion area of ivy-covered pillars, rounded archways, and lion-decorated fountains, Weiss Schnee and her elder sister Winter are sitting at a simple table with a plate full of croissants and strawberries. Weiss then said something out loud while Winter took a sip of her tea.

"You're...leaving!?" she shouted

"Yes. I was merely needed to oversee the transport of additional units to Vale." Winter explained as she set her cup down, "Our last shipment was lost to an ambush. I believe you and the Reds and Blues had a run-in with its cargo, actually. It's fortunate those Paladins were in the prototype stage; otherwise your team and friends may not have fared so well."

Weiss sighed and looked down dejectedly until Winter put her hand on hers, "Weiss, you've done... well, out here, on your own. You should be proud. Because of you, your friends. Father has paid for his crimes, Mother is sober, and the family is healing. I'll be honest, it was quite amusing seeing Father's face the day you left for Beacon!"

Weiss then straightened herself and smiled, "I can't wait to show him what I learned!"

"Oh? And what have you learned?" Winter asked

"What do you mean?" Weis questioned, "I've learned to work with a team. The Reds and Blues gave me and my friends insight on that and military doctrine. To top it off, I'm getting better and better with my glyphs! I've even started Time Dilation!"

"And what of your Summoning?" Winter asked intently

Weiss sighed, "You know I can't..."

"Don't be ridiculous." Winter said to her, "Every Schnee has the ability to summon. We have for generations."

"I've tried!" Weiss cried as she waved her hands, "It's just... it's the one thing I've been having trouble with!"

We Schnees are unique." Winter said to her, "Unlike many, our semblance is hereditary. But that doesn't mean it will come easily."

Winter then opened her palm, summoning a small, elaborate glyph over it, "Your Semblance is like a muscle. The more you practice with it, the stronger it will become. But if you only focus on one aspect of it..."

The glyph then expanded suddenly in a bright flash, causing Weiss to turn away before looking back up in awe at the white-and-blue Beowolf now at her sister's side.

"...If you fail to test the limits of what you think is possible, then you'll never truly grow."

Weiss smiled at the display of power she hoped to achieve.

-0-

POV Change: Caboose

The blue soldier stood in Beacon's medical wing, as he watched Kai rest. The yellow soldier was already awake, but was arguing with Ozpin and Glynda for some odd reason. Caboose was then joined by Ironwood and Qrow.

"I hate to do this to her..." he muttered, "But it's the only choice."

Qrow scowled, "Only choice? You're not giving her much of a choice. Removing the maiden powers-"