The Change

Chapter 10: The Change

Remnant, Kingdom of Vale, Amity Colosseum

POV: Ruby Rose

Premise: "The old law about an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind." – Martin Luther King Jr.

Ruby cheered as did the rest of the crowd watching the latest match happening. She wasn't alone however, as Caboose was with her. He actually suggested they sit in the Reds and Blues private pavilion, but Ruby wanted to stay in the bleachers. The blue soldier himself wasn't in his armor, rather in a blue BDU he had on him. Russell Thrash and Sky Lark of Team CRDL were being beaten by the orange-haired girl that witnessed Qrow and Winter's dual in Beacon the other day. She had short, rather curly orange hair that came down to her chin with a small cowlick on top, and she wore a pink bow on the back of her head. She also had bright green eyes, light skin, and freckles. She wore an off white old-fashioned styled off the shoulder blouse with frill detailed trim and frill flared cuffs that half covered her hands alongside copper button detailing on the lower parts of her sleeves. She also sported a short gray pinafore dress with golden trim on the hem alongside four light green stalagmite styled stripes on the lower half of the dress, two on the front and two on the back, accompanied by two matching colored circles above the tips that had a stripe that ran around her waistline, with golden outlines, and a detachable black and light green collar. She also wore a pair of black thigh-high leg pieces that seemingly were attached to black shoes. The leg pieces had a single green stripe up the sides that appeared to light up.

The girl and her teammate won the match, leaving both Russell and Sky lying on the ground in defeat.

"And victory goes to Penny and Ceil of Atlas!" Oobleck announced

"Those two assholes had it coming to them!" Boomstick added, earning several laughs from the crowd.

Ruby then got out of her seat and pulled Caboose with her, "Come with me! Come on!"

The two managed to catch up to both Penny and her teammate, "Penny!"

Penny turned around and smiled, "Ruby!"

"Caboose!"

The two girls looked at Caboose in confusion, "What?" he asked

Penny then held Ruby in a bone crushing hug that results in both of them falling onto the ground.

"Why...?" Ruby wheezed as Caboose helped them back onto their feet, "Oh! Penny, this is Caboose!"

"Hello! I am Caboose!" the blue soldier introduced himself, "Nice to meet you Penny!"

"Salutations!" she replied before gesturing to her teammate, "Ruby, this is my teammate!"

"Ciel Soleil." the girl introduced herself as she bowed formally

Ruby then raised her hand to gree ther, "Hi, I'm-"

"Ruby Rose. 15. Hail from Patch. Leader of Team RWBY. Status: Questionable." Ciel stated

"And this is-"

"Captain Michael J. Caboose. 18. Hails from is unknown. Member of the Reds and Blues. Status: Even more questionable."

Ruby was silent for a second, "Soo...Penny! You two were incredible out there! How are you able to control all those swords!?"

"Penny?" Ciel said to her as she gestured towards her watch, "I believe it is best we move onto our next location."

"Could we just have a minute to talk?" Penny asked before Ciel looked at her watch and then stepped back a bit, beginning to quietly count down.

"So is she...your friend or..."