The Qrow

Chapter 5: The Qrow

Remnant, Continent of Sanus

POV: Adam Taurus

Premise: "The end of revenge play is always uncertain."

-0-

5 days earlier...

Within an abandoned, run-down castle far away from the City of Vale. The remnants of the White Fang under Adam Taurus were taking refuge. The bull Faunus himself was standing at the top of the castle's old tower. It was almost midnight, the sky was pitch black, but he could see everything. The forest, his men, and the light of Vale's skyline off in the distance.

He was on the verge of glory until the Reds and Blues ruined everything, they exposed the truth of their attack and used it as a fuel to light a fire the White Fang couldn't control. Then they gave both him and Neo Politian the body of Roman Torchwick as an act of respect. The girl herself was holding onto whatever contacts Torchwick had, and were still willing to send supplies. But after the Coalition was formed, all hell broke loose. Some were arrested, others broke their deal and fled to either Vacuo or away from the city, some were lucky bastards who got away with it.

But even after all that, morale was low, and new members were becoming somewhat of a memory. All that were left were the hardliners in Vale, while the moderates fled back to Mistral to work with Sienna Khan.

As he looked over the dark night, Adam noticed a bullhead arrive at the castle, and he knew immediately who it was. He quickly made his way to it as it landed. Once the doors opened, Adam expected Cinder to be there, instead he noticed a man in light blue armor that looked a little too familiar.

Adam unsheathed his weapon, ready to attack until...

"Adam!" Cinder shouted as she, Emerald, and Mercury exited the bullhead, "He's with us."

"More like you're with me." the man retorted before looking back at Adam, "Let's talk business, Adam..."

-0-

POV Change: Weiss Schnee

Present...

Weiss ran towards the bullhead docks at Beacon, all while being followed by Ruby and Caboose.

"Weiss!" Ruby shouted at her friend after catching up to her, "What's the big deal!? Who's she!?"

Weiss could stare at a woman exiting the bullhead and smile. The woman looked like an older version of herself in her early 20s. She had her white hair tied into a bun, with it high on the left side of the back of her head, while her bangs were shaped around the right side of her face, a small curled lock of hair reaching almost to her left shoulder. She wore a rather formal military uniform with a rapier at her side.

"Winter..." Weiss muttered

Ruby and Caboose looked at one another with surprised expressions until the former spoke, "Wait, your sister?"

"Winter!" Weiss shouted at her sister, who turned slowly as the trio ran up to her

"Winter! I'm so happy to see you!" Weiss said, but then quickly curtsied, "Oh...your presence honors us."

"It does?" Caboose muttered, which made Ruby giggle

"Beacon...it's been a long time." Winter said as she looked around the academy, "The air feels different."

"I mean it is fall, so, eh, it's kinda cooler." Ruby muttered, to which Weiss hit her in the shoulder

"So what are you doing here?" Weiss asked her sister