The Decision

Chapter 7: The Decision

Remnant, Beacon Academy, RvB Compound

POV: Tucker and Grif

Premise: "Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die."

-0-

Kai laid in a hospital bed, stripped of her armor. After her injury at the hands of Cinder, her armor took the brunt of the damage, leaving nothing more than small bruises on her chest.

Doc was examining her body alongside Dr. Grey, while Tucker and Grif were watching from a window.

It was then that Ozpin, Glynda, and Ironwood showed up.

"How is she?" Ozpin asked

"She'll make it." Tucker replied, "Her armor took the brunt of it, nothing but light bruises."

"And the Maiden powers?" Glynda added

"Still intact." Grif answered, "Cinder couldn't even take a shot glass' worth before I destroyed her glove."

Ironwood nodded before speaking, "So, Temple's resurfaced?"

"Him and the Blues and Reds." Tucker replied, "They've been supplying the White Fang with weapons and tech."

"They're planning a second attack..." Glynda muttered with a hint of fear, "Do you know where the ships went?"

"No, it was either Kai or the Bullheads." Grif answered, "My sister was more important."

"The Fall Maiden was more important." Ozpin corrected him, "Now our second maiden has been compromised."

"You talk like Kai was an asset rather than a person."

"She is the Fall Maiden." Ozpin continued, "One of few people in this world who can wield magic. The power is no longer safe in her care."

"She'll be better in time." Grif retorted, "Kai is strong, the power is still safe with her, just give her time."

"Alright break it up." Tucker intervened, "This bullshit's pointless, we're all on the same side."

"Are we?" Grif questioned, "What are you hiding? Is this what you do when trouble arises? Find someone new?"

"Girf." Tucker hissed, "That's enough."

With that said, the two soldiers walked away.

-0-

POV Change: Mark Temple

Temple gazed upon the canisters of Grimm hybrids Merlot had worked on for so long. He sighed louded before speaking.

"Everything I have done, was in your memory..." he whispered while putting a hand on one of the pods, "All you wanted...was to go home...when this is over...we will return home...to a new Earth."

"Temple!"

"GAH! What!" he stuttered upon hearing someone call him, "What is it Gene?"

"I just wanted to let you know, we prepared the portal." Gene said to him

"Its ready?" Temple questioned, "Good to hear. And of the...experiment?"

Gene then sighed, "Harder than we thought. Look, with all do respect, isn't this a little unethical?"

"It's not unethical Gene." Temple retorted, "It's fair. Do you understand?"

"...Yes sir."

"Good." Temple muttered darkly, "Be gone with you."