13. The thread that keeps us binding

❝Despite everything,I'm glad we met

I'm glad we met.❞

----------------------

             IT was a Saturday morning. Usually, she would lay in the bed until late while making Rishit do everything for her. He didn't mind too.

He happily and willingly took the charge of their home whenever he could. They ran this home together while helping each other and sharing the responsibilities whether in their small world or that big outer world.

But it was different today. She got up early to test her doubt. She had already missed her period. The change in her everyday habits added to it. It made her nervous while thinking of the possibility. And much to her fear her doubts were indeed true.

She moved the test kit down as many thoughts started grabbing her mind. She wasn't ready yet. Her career stood first. The worry could be visible on her face as she bit her fingernails nervously. It was still too early for this. How could this happen?

She let out a few deep breaths and got up from the toilet seat. She threw the result into the dustbin down the sink and washed her hands before getting out of the bathroom.

The bedroom was empty. Rishit was still in the bed when she got inside. She moved out of the room and went straight to the living room. He was just getting out with two mugs of coffee.

He smiled at her as he walked toward her and put a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Good morning," He wished her.

She pressed a smile but hid her gaze down. He noticed the unusual expressions on her face and put the mugs down on the teapoy beside her.

"What is it?" He asked with worry. She looked up and stared at his face for some time just the same. He raised his eyebrows as the concern took over his face.

"Nothing, I..." She said and stopped. Why was she hiding? She didn't understand but she wasn't yet ready to tell him while being confused on her own.