At The Date! ( Chapter 2, Part 4)

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR!!
It's been a while since I wrote this story, but I'm glad to say I'm back!! And I'll be trying to post one part a week, if not more. Taking a bit (long) of a break was nice, however I've started to become itching with new inspirations to write, so I decided to celebrate back!! Anyways, I've also become a better writer, and I gotta wonder what I was on when I decided to write the beginning of the story in such a weird formate. Anyway, I have decided I will keep the changing POVs, however it will be much easier to understand now that I actually now what I'm doing. So, on with the story!!

Chiaki's POV

If I'm being honest here, I don't really know what people do on dates. I thought it'd be a cute idea to see Spirited Away together, but I'm wondering if Sonia really actually wants to see it. It's slightly worrying. But, I jist tell myself to ignore that. Stop overthinking, you know?

I grasped Sonia's soft hand gently as we walked into the room where they'd be showing the movie. Fortunately enough, we got here early so the best seats, the ones farther back, were not all taken yet. Sitting in the back is always better because your not as close to the loud sounds coming from the booming large speakers where the sound would be coming from. I chewed on some of my movie snack, waiting for the movie to start. Because honestly, the only good thing about going to the movies earlier is the better seating. That's it, though. After you get your perfect seats, your just sitting in your chairs for another 10-20 minutes waiting for the actual movie to start. And the worst part is, they just play previews and advertisements while you wait. It's very annoying, you see.

"Sonia, is everything okay? You seem tired." I asked the blonde, who looked kind of as if she would cry any second. I was worried, but I also didn't want to worry her. I'm just trying to look out for her, as any good fri- girlfriend would do.

"Yes, I am okay! Do not worry about me, Chiaki." I smiled, reassuringly, to let her know that if she is uncomfortable, we could leave at any time. And by the way she smiled back, with a pink blush spread across her face, I think she understood what I was trying to say.

Sometime while we waited, I suddenly needed to use the restroom. "Hey, Sonia? I'll be right back. I need to use the restroom really quickly. If the movie starts without me, don't worry. I'll be quick." She nodded her head as I walked off, and I knew at this rate I'd miss part of the beginning of the movie, because as soon as I left the theater, I could hear the movie playing. That was okay though, I decided to see it because Sonia hadn't seen it yet. I have, of course seen it already. And that's fine by me. It was a good movie, anyways. You'd expect nothing less from Studio Ghibli.

When I came back from the bathroom, I noticed that Sonia was looking even more upset than before. As I sat down next to her, I could feel her calm down a bit, however, she seemed overwhelmed, or overestimated, or something of that nature. Normally I'd feel the same way, but I've gotten used to seeing movies in theaters with lots of people, on account of the fact that I've went to see a lot of video game movie adaptations and I saw them as soon as they came out so this way u wouldn't be waiting as long to compare the trashiness or disappointment of the movie to the original game.

Anyways, about half way through the movie Sonia looks at me, face as red as an apple, and goes, "May we please go home now? I don't like it very much in here..." Of course I had no choice but to reply with the obvious, "I knew there was something bothering you, I just didn't want to pry. Of course we can leave. Whatever makes you happy, love." She smiled at me and stood up, then I stood up and we walked out of the theater together, hands clasped in each other's.

Even though we didn't get to watch the entire movie together, it was still a nice date. We sat by each other, happy even just to be in each other's company, and we snacked on some popcorn and other snacks. We then decided to go to Sonia's house afterwards, because she needed a break, and I didn't want to go home yet. There's reasons for me not wanting to be at home, but I'm just not ready to express that yet.

When we entered Sonia's house, the largest house on the street, a mansion with it feels like 20 floors, mostly unnoticeable from the outside, so many spacious rooms, and even it's own arcade. Of course, this was the first thing I asked about, as a game addict. They had mostly old school games, which was pretty cool, but most of those games I found were too easy for me to play. I'd finish them all way to quickly.

Anyways, of all the rooms in the house, Sonia decided to take me to her room. Not that I'm complaining, there's just so many interesting rooms in her house that I haven't seen before. She's told me about them, of course, but the only room I've been in was her living room, which was at the time when she made her confession. That was slightly embarrassing for me, as I hadn't kissed anyone before, but I suddenly just got the urge to kiss Sonia as a way to accept her confession? I still dont really know why I did that, but in the long run, it was effective.

Sonia took me to her room, and she then sat on her bed. I sat at a desk, which was located neat her bed. It was clear she needed space, so I didn't want to sit on her bed without her direct permissions. The bright smile on her face quickly turned into a frown as she looked at me. Did I do something wrong? What happened? What was upsetting her? I wanted to know all theses things, and I knew that over time, she'd tell me, but I just needed to wait for the right moment.

-----End of Chapter 2-----