2

Demi

    I woke up the next morning, very early, next to an equally naked Wilmer, with tears in my eyes. Last night, had been amazing. Wilmer wouldn't stop whispering that he loved me, and even when we were both on the verge of falling asleep in each other's arms he whispered it one more time in my ear. I looked over at him and it killed me to know this was the last time I would wake up next to him. It was crushing me to do this to him, bout I know that it's for the best. he shouldn't have to deal with the repercussions of me being stupid. He didn't need to be a father. He needed someone with less baggage, someone who could give him a life with less stress. That was what kept me going as I packed up all of my things. I left only a note.

Wilmer,

    I know you must be confused.

I'm sorry, but I need to leave, I can't be with you anymore.

You deserve so much more.

I want you to move on, and be happy.

Happier than I can make you.

Forever yours,

-Demi.

    With one last look, I kissed Wilmer's lips, ran my fingers over Wilmer's cheek, and left.

~*~

Wilmer

    I woke up and immediately rolled over to see Demi, but was greeted with an empty bed. I frowned, trying to remember if she had a photoshoot or something that she had to be early for. Nothing came to mind, so I got up, assuming she was just doing yoga or her medication. I walked into the closet and stopped short. All of Demi's stuff was gone, down to the last pair of heels and lonely sock. Her jewelry, her makeup, everything. My heart was pounding as I went into the bathroom, all of her skincare things were gone, along with her haircare products. I fumbled for my phone and immediately called Demi, but the call went straight to voicemail and I heard her voice chime through the speakers.

"Hey! It's Demi! Sorry I missed your call!"

The tone beeped and I ran my hand through my hair, "Demi... Where are you?! Is this some kind of joke? Baby what's going on? Whatever it is, we can fix this. Come home. Please."

I hung up and called Dianna, "Hey Wilmer! What's up?"

"Is Demi there with you?"

There was a pause, "No, what's going on?"

I slammed my hand on the counter, "She's gone. All of her things are gone. Everything, her clothes, jewelry and makeup, even the pictures of us on the wall are gone."

Dianna gasped, "I'm getting in the car now, I'll be there in a few minutes."

I hung up the phone and ran downstairs, the pictures of us that Demi had insisted on putting up were now just empty frames. A yellow piece of paper on the counter caught my eyes and I walked over to it, dreading what I would find written on it.

~*~

Demi

    My phone started ringing and it was Wilmer. A voicemail appeared after I ignored the call. I didn't want to listen to it, I shouldn't of listened to it, but as his voice came through the speaker, begging me to come home, I started crying, sobs ripped through my chest, but I didn't turn back. I didn't want to leave him, but it was better for us this way. He could live his life, and I could start a new one for my child and I. So, when I finally got my shit together and pulled up to the airport, I got on a one way flight on the first plane out of Los Angeles.

~*~

    I had a lot of time to think as my plane took off, and I began the long flight to Thailand. From there, I would go to Greece, where I found a hotel on one of the islands there, and try to blend in. I wanted to go somewhere interesting so I could learn the culture while my baby grew inside of me. I didn't want to be bored, dwelling on my decisions to leave my life while the baby that caused this was progressing. I wanted to keep my mind off of wondering what he or she would like, if it would have my eyes or nose, or Wilmer's cute smile that could make me go weak at the knees. I hoped they would have his compassion, and his love for others. I hoped her or she would be musical, and have the passion that both Wilmer and I for the things we do. I know one day my son or daughter will come home asking questions, and I'm praying that by then I'll have somewhat of an answer for why I left their dad.

    Already I could feel the ache in my chest form not being with Wilmer, and it was only magnified from the understanding and the reality that I would never see him again. he's been my rock for the longest time, the one I could trust with anything and everything, but now I have to be own rock, for myself and my child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel