8

Demi

          Eight hours later, I was sitting on a plane with Mia sleeping in my lap. We were set to land in half an hour and I was so incredibly nervous. I was nervous that he wouldn't be breathing when he got there. I was worried that if he was alive, he would hate me for leaving him. I was worried he would never accept Mia as his daughter. As nervous as I was a part of me was excited, I longed to see him, to hear his voice, to feel his touch. I missed everything about him. I sat there for a couple of minutes, stroking Mia's hair and looking down at her adorable sleeping face. I saw so much of Wilmer in her. He gentle personality that often mixed with my silly one. She would walk, but preferred to be held by me. Over the past year and a half, Mia and I developed a strong bond. All those months of carrying her in my stomach and her being the only thing to keep me from going crazy from being away from my family, and Wilmer. It was stronger than the usual love between a normal mother and daughter. It was something special.

          After about ten minutes, the seatbelt light came on, and I held my breath, moving Mia to her seat and holding her hand as we landed. She was fascinated by the idea of flying and kept her eyes looking out the window. When we landed, she look at me with an awestruck expression and giggled. She had my laugh, and my smile, there was no doubt.

"We're gonna go see one of mommy's very good friends at a very special place, so I need you to be a good girl okay?"

She just smiled up at me and giggled again. She never really cried unless she got hurt or I took something away from her, so I knew it wouldn't be a huge issue. After a few minutes if waiting, we were finally allowed to leave the plane. I was shaking as I walked through the airport, praying to God nobody would recognize me. I got a rental car and paid with my card. The attendant wasn't very interested in who I was thankfully, so I got in the car quickly. Ironically, when I turned on the radio, Give Your Heart a Break was playing. Mia squealed and kicked her legs when she heard my voice singing. I hadn't sung any of my old music for her since it was too painful to relive the memories I wrote them about- many with Wilmer.

          I'm not gonna lie, I sat int he car for a good ten minutes before I got up the nerve to get out and walk into the hospital with Mia in my arms. The receptionist smiled at me when I walked up to the desk.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

I took a deep breath, "I'm here to see Wilmer Valderrama."

She nodded, then typed something into the computer, "I'm sorry, but only family members are allowed up into the VIP wing."

I closed my eyes for a second, "Is there any way you can call up to the family and tell them my name? I'm his girlfriend."

She nodded, and picked up the phone, dialing something, "Hello I have a young woman here who says she is Mr. Valderrama's girlfriend. Would you like me to send her up?" She was quiet for a second before placing at me, "Your name?"

I bit my lip, "Demi Lovato."

She repeated my name then her eyes widened and she gave me a weird look, "Uhm... Yeah I think they mean go right up. Room E42 on floor six."

I shot her a grateful smile then walked with Mia into the elevator. The doors closed and I put my hand to my head. I had to be strong right now, no matter what was on the other side of that door, I had to be strong. The ding sounded, and I walked into the busy hallway. I followed the signs until I got to a waiting room and saw my entire family along with Wilmer's family. I gasped and hid behind the wall. I definitely wasn't expecting all of them to be here. I peaked back around and tears filled my eyes at their hopeless expressions. I glanced down at Mia and saw her frowning, she patted my cheek with her hand and I broke out into a smile, kissing her nose. I had to do this. Taking a deep breath, I stepped out from behind the wall and walked in. My mom looked up, and when her eyes met mine her jaw dropped.

"Demi?!"

Everyone turned to look at me, and I met everyone's eyes, then went back to my mom, "Hi."

Everyone rushed towards me, my mom wrapping me into a tight hug as I cradled Mia protectively to my chest, "Oh my God." She sobbed, "You're really here."

I could feel my heart breaking from the guilt and realization of how much pain I had caused my mother. Since I had Mia, I was always thinking of how I could feel if she had just picked up and left. I'd cried about it for hours one day before Holly made me swear to never do it again.

"I'm here." I murmured, squeezing her waist, "I'm here."

She pulled away and cupped my face, smiling warmly at me with more tears in here eyes. Finally, Mia squirmed a bit, and my mom's eyes bulged, "Demi... What?"

I bit my lip, "Mom... This is your granddaughter, Mia Isabella Lovato-Valderrama."

I held my breath as everyone around me gasped. My mom reached out to touch Mia's cheek who let out a loud giggle, and my mom's face lit up.

"Oh my God." She whispered, tears falling quickly, "Can... Can I hold her?"

I nodded and shifted Mia into her arms, "Mia, I want you to meet my mommy." 

She just looked at my mom and smiled, showing her mismatched teeth. My mom took her into her arms, holding her close and stroking her hair. "She's so beautiful." She cooed, and kissed her forehead.

"I know." I murmured, smiling, then turned to Eddie, "Hi daddy."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me, holding me for a long time, "We missed you so much Demi."

I nodded, "I missed you too."

I hugged Wilmer's family, then looked at my mom, "I want to see him."

She nodded, "Of course Dems." She pointed to a door and I placed my hand on the knob, closing my eyes and a taking a deep breath before turning the handle and walking into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel