10

Demi

Wilmer stared at me for a minute, his face blank, "What?"

I bowed my head, "I found out I was pregnant the day before I left. I freaked. All these thoughts were running through my head about us and how you didn't need to be a dad because your career is getting so huge and I just didn't... I don't know what I was thinking. I was killing myself with the guilt, but I had myself convinced that it was the best things for us, and our daughter." I was crying now, "I'm just so sorry." Wilmer stared at his hand, a weird expression on his face that I couldn't read. "Please just say something." I whispered, wiping at my cheeks.

He slowly looked up at me, "I have a daughter?"

I nodded, "Yeah... She's absolutely gorgeous."

He nodded and looked back up at me, "I don't understand. We've talked about kids before.. Why'd you leave? We... We were supposed to go through that together. It was supposed to be me and you." He shook his head and looked up at me, "Can I meet her?"

I smiled and nodded, "Of course Will, I'll go get her."

He just stared at his hands as I walked out. My mom was holding Mia, gushing over her with silly faces. I smiled as I took Mia from her and walked back into Wilmer's room. He looked up as I shut the door, his eyes zeroing in on Mia. His face broke out into a huge, toothy, loving, grin. I walked over and gently placed her into his arms. Wilmer looked down with an awestruck expression at her. I could feel tears coming to my eyes as I watched Wilmer hold his daughter for the first time.

"I understand, "I blurted out, "If you hate me for keeping her from you."

Wilmer was quiet for a second before he looked up at me, tears shining in his eyes, "Hate you?" He shook his head, "Demi I could never hate you. I have never loved you more than I do now."

I pressed my hand over my mouth, "You do?"

He nodded, "Of course Demi."

I walked over to him and smiled, sitting on the edge of the bed, "She has your eyes, but a lighter shade of brown, like mine. She has my smile, and laugh... I'm convinced she'll have gap."

Wilmer smiled and wiped at his eyes, "She's so perfect... Just like her momma."

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder, as we looked down at Mia fondly, "She's you too though. Her personality sometimes, she's so serious and looks at you like she understands everything you're saying. It's pretty funny."

Wilmer ran his fingers over her cheeks, "She looks so fragile... I feel like I'm going to break her."

I nodded, "I know, it's a weird feeling right? I mean, we made her Will. She's ours."

He looked down at Mia again, then back at me, leaning forward to kiss me sweetly. I happily kissed back. Looking back, I was an idiot to think that Wilmer couldn't support Mia and I. It was an idiot to leave him, and it would forever be my biggest regret.

"I'm sorry." I whispered again, against his lips.

Wilmer pulled away and frowned, "Dems, you're back. That's all that matters to me."

I shook my head, "But that shouldn't be all that matters to you Wilmer! You should be mad at me! You should hate me! I left you! I had plans to take away your daughter and never see you again! I made you miss her first laugh, and her first steps, and her first words! God dammit Will, you missed her being born because of me!" I was crying now, and my voice was rising steadily.

"Demi." He said gently, but I slapped his hand away.

"You should hate me! You don't get to love me. I hate me!" Wilmer's eyes widened and I nodded, "It's true, I hate myself for what I did to you. Stephanie's right, I'm the reason you're in here. I fucking put you in here Wilmer!"

He sighed and shook his head, "Demi..."

"No!" I interrupted, "You don't get to tell me that I'm wrong, and that you don't care! Because you do! I know you do! I want you to care! Hate me! Please, hate me Wilmer. I want you to! It'll make me feel a lot better about myself."

Wilmer closed his mouth and stared at me as I breathe heavily, my chest moving up and down from my rant. After a second he turned and put Mia in the little crib the hospital had given us. When he turned back around my lower lip quivered and tears welled up in my eyes.

"I'm just so sorry." I whispered, and moved forward, pressing my face into his neck, letting the tears run down my cheeks.

"I know you are." He murmured, and wrapped his arms around me tightly, "That's why I don't hate you, and about a million other reasons. I can see that you're sorry and that you honestly thought this was the best thing to do for our daughter. How can I be angry at you for that? How can I hate you for being a mother? Demi, I love you. You came back to me, and that's all I care about. When I say that's all that matters, I mean it. I don't care what happened wherever you were. I spent a year and six months away from you, and now you're laying against my chest and in y arms. That, Hermosa, is truly all that matters."

I sniffled and pressed my lips to the skin on his neck, "I miss you so much. You have no idea how hard it was without you."

He tensed and flipped my hand, that was resting on his chest, over, his eyes searching for fresh scars that weren't there. When he saw it was clean, he kissed it, then kissed my lips, "I'm so proud of you."

I smiled, "I didn't mean about that. That part was easy. I just thought of you, even if I didn't see you again, and I thought of Mia. I mean that I missed you, all of you."

Wilmer smirked, "I missed you too Dems, a lot."

I giggled, leaning up to kiss him, "But that can wait, let's go home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel