Only Yours

Iris

My heart throbs so hard in my chest that I think it's going to pump out of my body. I close my eyes. This is not real, it can't be. I open my eyes again and he's staring deeply into my soul. I'm completely frozen, I can't move, speak, or do anything. He repeats his words, "I love you, Iris".

But how? We've been together for one month and a week... Could he fall in love with me on such short notice? Or is he trying to keep me by his side through these words? This is too much. My mind can't process this right now. I need time to think.

I'm so immersed in my thoughts that I forgot that he's staring at me and that I am straddling him... Silently, I push myself off of him and-

"Stay", he grips my waist firmly. I detect the desperate look in his eyes and my heart crushes at the pain I must be causing him. I'm sorry baby. I remain seated on his lap and his head falls back, he massages his temples and takes in deep breaths.

It's not that I'm not happy with what he said, but what if he doesn't mean them? What if he's overwhelmed with the fast progress of our relationship and felt obliged to say the words? What if-

"Baby", he calls and I avoid his gaze. "Iris", I still don't reply. He grabs my chin delicately and tilts my head to make me look at him, his eyes widen when he sees my tear-stained cheeks. "What's wrong?", he asks and I avoid his gaze again.

I attempt to remove myself from him and this time he lets me do what I want. I move back to the passenger's seat, we sit in an annoying silence and I try to stop my tears from rolling down, but the harder I try the more tears slip down my cheeks. I don't even know why I'm crying... Are they tears of joy? Or is my overwhelmed state triggering my tears? I have no idea, but I'm sure that they're not tears of sadness. I'm not sad. I'm just... I have mixed feelings right now. I wasn't ready for this.

I glance at him, only to find him staring at me. He wipes my tears with his caring touch and guilt rushes into my blood... "I didn't know my feelings would cause you pain", he says in a defeated voice.

No. I refuse to let him think this way. "They don't, but it's just... Overwhelming."

"It's okay if you don't reciprocate my feelings, I just wanted to tell you how I truly feel about you. It's just that, I can't stand the idea of you being with someone else Iris. It drives me crazy", he expresses.

I frown, "Why would you think that?"

"I didn't, but today, this thing happened and...", he doesn't complete his sentence. I cup his cheek, "What happened Tae?"

"Today, we were at the company, having a break when the members started talking about you. I felt jealous but they weren't saying anything wrong so I didn't react. But then Jungkook says that there's someone who has feelings for you that he knows of. He said that that person is going to make you fall for him and leave me, and I couldn't stand it. The thought of losing you just makes no sense inside my head. You're the reason I believe that love is real, Iris. Nobody makes me feel the way you do. I love you so much, baby."

By the time he was done, goosebumps were covering my body and I was straddling him again. I stare into his big brown eyes, and I know that he's being truthful. A tear escapes my eye as the realization settles in and I circle his neck tightly. He nuzzles his head in my neck and engulfs me in his arms. I pull back enough just to join his lips with mine. I pour all my emotions into the kiss, interlacing my fingers with his hair and pulling him closer to me if that's even possible.

"I love you Tae."

He stares deeply into my eyes, rests his forehead on mine, and asks, "Do you trust me?"