Conflicted

❤️

Iris

"Baby, please. Let me have some normal food, I'm better now", I whined. That tasteless, disgusting soup is all I'm having. I want a pepperoni pizza and a juicy cheeseburger, with a side of fries and a large cola.

"The doctor said you'll have to eat this for a while, you should follow the diet plan he gave us."

"But it's been over a week! Come on, baby. Please, please, please!", I showed him my puppy eyes and I could notice his defense wavering.

"What if you experienced the same pain again? I can't see you hurting."

My heart softened at his words, he's so sweet. He placed the tray on the coffee table and approached me, laying his head in the curve of my neck.

I played with his curls, "I know, but do you know how vile this soup is?", deep laughter rumbled from him, making a million butterflies explode in my stomach. "Imagine having to eat this thing three times every day... My tastebuds are screaming for help every time this thing enters my mouth. I'll eat anything else! I promise, just give me something else!"

"Okay, okay. I'll call the doctor and see what I can do, but if he says that you have to follow the diet, then you're eating this. Alright?"

"Deal!", we shook hands and he grabbed his phone to call the doctor.

Taehyung didn't leave me ever since the first day at the hospital, he was with me twenty-four-seven. Even when we came back home two days ago, he didn't let me out of his sight.

He's being so sweet and caring, but at the same time, he hid away all my chocolate and favorite snacks... I almost got away with a Maltesers bag the other day, but he caught me and lectured me for two hours.

But I can't deny it, I am adoring the princess treatment he's giving me. Sometimes I act a little spoiled yet he bears with me and pampers me with his love...

In the previous week, I was able to almost finish my collection. After Tae brought me my IPad, I was sketching all the time, there wasn't much to do at the hospital anyway.

Tae helped a lot as well, he suggested design ideas and explained his vision, and I converted his thoughts into stunning designs. Whenever I showed him the outcome, he'd smile triumphantly and nod his head.

Though he'd take away my IPad and force me to rest when a surprise stomach ache appeared or when I threw up, which was happening as frequently this week. According to the doctor, that's how the poison is leaving my body, so it's normal.

Dad was visiting every day to check on me. However, my sister wouldn't have left my side if Dad didn't detach her from me. She was glued to my side since the first day at the hospital, but I would've done the same if she was sick. We only have each other.

Taehyung returned to the living room with a smile, "So, I have good news and bad news."

"Please don't tell me I'll have to eat that for the rest of my life!"

"No, baby. You don't have to eat that anymore. I'll make you something else, but it's still a soup. At least for the next few days."

"Why can't I eat something else?", I whined. Does this doctor has a grudge against food or something?

"Because your stomach is still sensitive, my love. But you can eat chicken soup instead. That's an improvement", he encouraged.