Shall We Dance?

🖤

Iris

All my hard work, my patience, my exhaustion, my pain, my heartbreak, my resistance, my struggles, my hardships, my up and downs, everything. It all came down to this.

This moment is worth it all. Everything I've been through.

Me standing in front of all these people, designers, famous brands, well-known models, fashion icons, idols, my team, my friends, my family, my father... Him.

While they're all clapping enthusiastically for me, honoring my success, witnessing my rise.

I looked at my father and mouthed, "I made it", and he nods with a huge smile plastered on his features, pride glimmering in his eyes. Seeing him this proud, seeing him this happy that tears are brimming, I would do it all over again. I would start from scratch again, and relive every moment of my life again, just to see that look in his eyes.

My sister being the emotional mess she is is already in tears, but happy tears this time. Jungkook standing tall and cheering for me from the core of his heart.

Taehyung, up in the front row, looked at me in utter awe, proud of my accomplishment. His smile, that damn smile, is breaking all of my walls, one by one. His eyes, speaking millions of unsaid words, piercing my presence as if he's disarming every weapon from my hold, and leaving me bare, with nothing but my overflowing emotions for him.

He's here, just like he promised he would.

Flashback

"Okay, let's say... My designs were awful, something so unbearable for the eye, that it hurts to even look at them. Would you still come to my show?", I asked Tae.

We were watching a movie at home, cuddling on the couch, and as usual, I started bombarding him with random questions that popped up in my head and rolled off my tongue. It might sound weird, but by this time, he's used to it.

"I don't believe that you might design anything awful, but to answer your question, yeah, of course, I would show up", he answered, tucking a hair behind my ear.

"Really?"

"Yes. In fact, I would be standing in the front row, with the biggest smile on my face, clapping for you wholeheartedly, proud of your success. Then, I would give you a beautiful bouquet of tulips, and lock you in my arms, so that everyone knows you're mine. After that, I'm going to kiss you in front of all the people, and whisper in your ear, 'I love you."

With every word coming out of his mouth, I notice how truthful he's being.

I know he's gonna be there.

"And how exactly are you going to kiss me?"

"Do you want me to show you?"

"I would appreciate that."

He smiles and presses our lips together. His lips tenderly caress mine and mold into mine like that's their home. Like that's where they have always been, fitting perfectly, claiming me in every way possible, and there's no other way I want it to be.

After making sure I'm out of breath, he separates our now swollen lips and rests his forehead on mine.

"I love you, baby."