Chapter 16.

Luke's POV //

It's the morning of Graduation, and we were all outside on the football field the stage was set up with a microphone on a podium, and seats all around for families to watch, the sun was bearing down on the stage, we'd just gone through the whole, walk up wave walk down, process, because we're all incapable of walking you know?

All the families of graduates were sat down, I could see Ivories family were sat there talking to my parents.. Great. I couldn't see Ivory though, we were split up into groups. Me, Michael, Calum and Ashton and the other guys and girls were stood in section E, Texas and Gemma were in section B and Emilie was in section C. But I couldn't see ivory, till the called section A.

"Ivory Channing" I saw her walk forward and up to the principle to collect her diploma. She looked stunning, and I swear the minute she walked on that stage, the sun got brighter and glistened down on her. She smiled and took her diploma. She barely even looked in her parents direction, and then she walked off with her head down.. Was she alright?

They finished calling everyone up, and we all did that hat throwing tradition, and everyone was stood with their family, being congratulated, I was talking to my parents, and I kept seeing Ivory but she would disappear it was like she was avoiding me?
I had to catch her, what was going on? Her whole family was avoiding me, I said hi to Joey he smiled and turned away? What was going on?
I went to walk over to Ashton but Ivory passed me so I grabbed her arm,

"Ivs! You've been like avoiding me all day what's up?" She looked at my hand on her arm looked up and pulled me over, she went across the field away from everyone and past the bleachers, she pulled me through the school hallway and out this front and into the car park.

"Seriously what's going on?" My heart started to race, what actually was going on?
"Luke..there's something I've been meaning to tell you, a..and basically it's not going to be easy, so please don't talk.. Just listen" I nodded and she took hold of my hands
"M..my dad, he was on the phone to his boss, and he was arguing and there was shouting and he had to go outside because it got heated really fast, and he came back in and he was shouting and screaming and then he sat down, and told us that..." She choked up and squeezed my hands,metals started streaming down her face
"We're moving back to Manhattan"
My heart sank.

I felt myself getting worked up, but as the tears started to escape my eyes I could see her starting to cry too.
"I'm..I'm sorry Luke, I just.. I can't..I..I can't stay here I have to go"

"Then I'm coming with you" I managed to choke out, she wiped my tears and held my face
"No, no you can't, Luke your whole life's here, your family, you friends, everything"
"..you won't be here, the one thing that matters to me most" tears dropped from her eyes,
"I..I'm sorry, but I'll come back soon and visit I promise, but for now.. It's goodbye"
"No..no please don't say goodbye, because goodbye means I won't see you please Ivory let me come with you!" I pulled her into a hug,resting my head on hers
"No, okay it's not a goodbye, don't call it a goodbye, let's call it a see you around"

She broke from the hug kissed me and held my hands, she looked me in the eyes and smiled,

"I love you Luke Robert Hemmings, more than anyone in the world"
"I love you too".

Ivory's POV // Four days later

We were fully packed up, so I guess this was it, we were actually moving back to Manhattan, it wasn't just a stupid dream. I let out a deep breath and looked around my room, my empty echoing room.
I couldn't get my head around it all, it was the worst feeling ever, but I guess, that's life isn't it? Well for me it is anyway.

We had hours to spare before the plane, so I was sat with Gemma, Emilie and Texas.

"I can't believe Luke's not here" I said to them
"I thought he'd be the first one here" Gemma said
"Maybe he can't handle too see you go"
I mumbled and looked to the floor, I only saw him four days ago, and I won't see him again for months,

Luke's POV //

I was sat on Ashton's chair in his front room just staring at the T.V, not saying a word

"You alright mate?" Ashton asked
"Today's the day Ivory moves back to Manhattan" Calum said quietly to him
"Then what the fuck are you doing here?" Michael said, and I looked up
"What?" I croaked out
"You love this girl right?" I nodded
"So why when it's her last day here are you sat at your mates house? When you could be there supporting her and making the most of your last day together!"
"You know what? Your right Michael" I looked at the clock
"SHIT. Her flight leaves soon lets go Ashton drive go go go go!"

We all pelted out the door, and ran to Ashton's car, he drove 30 miles over the speed limit not giving a damn, we pulled up to the airport, parked and ran inside, up and up to the counter

"Excuse me! Can I see your boarding pass?" The flight attendant stopped me
"Uh. I don't have one but please I need to get through there!"
"Sir, I can't allow you to go through without a boarding pass"
"But the girl I'm in love with is about to leave I need to get through!"
"That's adorable, but I'm afraid not"

We walked back and Cal stopped and turned around
"I'll get you in" he walked over to the flight attendant
"Hey pretty lady..." He started he distracted her and gestured me and Mikey and Ashton blocked her way so I could sneak past

I ran down the hall and saw Ivory stood there hugging Gemma.

"IVORY!" She looked up
"LUKE!" Gemma patted her back and she sprinted in my direction and jumped up I caught her and swung her round.

"I love you so fucking much, and I'm so sorry I didn't come in the first place"
"You're here now, that's all that matters, I love you too Luke"

"Ivory..come on don't want to be late" Ivory's mum called out
She turned back round to me.

"See you around" I said, and she smiled
"See you around" she pulled me down and kissed me, it was the best kiss we'd ever had, but it would make me miss so damn much more.

Ivory's POV //

"See you around" I pulled him down and kissed him.

I looked around and smiled at my best friends, and my boyfriend and turned around and walked back to my mum, I pulled up the handle on my suitcase and walked to the gate, but I stopped.

I let go of my suitcase turned around looking at everyone trying not to cry.
I ran over to them all them running to me, and we had a giant hug there in the airport.

"I'm gonna miss you guys!" I smiled and ran back to my suitcase.

"We LOVE YOU!" I heard them call out from behind me

This was it. I was going.

Luke's POV //

This wasn't the end, I was gonna get to Ivory somehow, and stay with her forever..