Chapter 6

Ivory's POV //

I rolled over in bed, checked my phone, and yep. It was definitely Friday.
I rolled back over and put the back of my head on my pillow, grabbed the other one and shoved it in my face,
"UGH" I screamed into it.
I know what I had to do today, it would all by fine... So why was I dreading it so much?

Luke's POV //

I've never been in school this early, it was weird, but if I was going to make today work, it had to be done properly, Ash, Cal and Mikey were with me.
We walked over to Unit 8, I had to find Mr Akers pronto.
I knocked on his door.
"Enter" the way he said it gave me chills down my spine, I entered his room.
"Mr Akers?"
"Hemmings! And co!" He looked up happily
"Can I talk to you?"
"About that girl...iris? No Ivory!"
"Yeah, basically, we all need to get a pass of this lesson last today"
He stroked his chin, against his bristles of his beard
"Hmm, why exactly?"
"We need to get something set up, because Ivory wants to talk to me, and the guys are going to help me"
"Right I see, I guess I could make an exception"
We all high-fived and whispered 'yes'
"BUT...What do I say when the girls show up and no ones here?"
"Football practise!" Cal shouted from behind me
"Got it, alright lads, good on you Hemmo, go get the girl of your dreams"
He stood up and patted me on the back, and we left this was great.

Ivory's POV //

Ugh, UGHH ugh. I think the main thing is that although I was going to man up and tell Luke I liked him too, but deep down I was fucking terrified. What if he was different, what if he thought i'd left it too long and he'd already picked up another girl? What if he doesn't even show up and I'm stood by my car for ages.. Shit.
Shit...SHIT.
Just thinking about it was making my heart pound harder than ever, I thought I was going to be sick.
I had to get of here.
I raised my hand higher than ever
"Yes?" Miss Green turned and looked at me
"I need to go to the bathroom"
"Here's the laboratory pass, you have 10 minutes otherwise it'll be to the principle okay?"
I nodded and just darted straight out the room, Miss Green was full of bullshit.. 10 minutes? That wasn't a rule? And what the fuck was this 'laboratory pass' just because she used to teach at an academy she used their rules over here.. It was pathetic, but why am I thinking about this? Who cares about that? Your just trying to distract yourself Ivory..
I walked down the stairs and felt faint, so I stopped and just sat their on them.
"What are doing Ivory?"
"Either making the biggest mistake of my life, or making the best decision of my life.. I really don't know"
Wait..Im talking to myself aren't I? For fucks sake Ivory.. Stop panicking
I took a deep breath and went back to class, It was 4th period, so I had one more class then it was truth time, I walked In and sat down, you can do this Ivory.. You can do this.
"And so, in the wise words of Johnny Depp, 'You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you cannot close your heart to things you don't want to feel'.." Miss Green stopped writing and turned around, and dismissed us, that phrase just stuck in my head, I couldn't close my heart not to feel my love for Luke, I had to take the chance and go for it, big time.

It was the end of afternoon tutor, and now i had one more period...
It was health, and Luke's in health.. That means.. OH GOD.
But those words still stuck in my head.
'You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you cannot close your heart to things you don't want to feel'
I started becoming light headed, Gemma grabbed me as I started to fall,
"Woah.. You alright? You nearly fell then"
"Yeah...yeah, just not feeling right.."
"Ivs, what's actually up? Me and the girls are supposed to come over tonight what haven't you been telling us?"
"I'll fill you in completely tonight okay?"
"Okay" she smiled and we walked down to health

We walked in,and all the girls were there, but Luke and the guys weren't...
"Right, the lads have ...football practise so it's just you girls today, so because I can't really teach my lesson planned, so, you can just chill I guess, I need to pop out but I won't be long"

He left the room, and almost immediately Gemma and Texas turned their chairs around to face me and Emilie.
"So what's happening with tonight?"
"Well, I've got to drop my brother off to football, the he's going to his mates till Sunday, then my mum and dad have gone to Melbourne for the weekend and won't be back till Sunday, so we have the whole house to ourselves.."
We all exchanged looks...
"Party Saturday?" Emilie raised her eyebrow
"PARTY SATURDAY" we all shouted.
"Definitely need to invite those babes over there" Gemma pointed and circled round her finger to where Luke and the guys usually sit, oh god.
"Yes, definitely!" Texas preached
I nodded and laughed, I was scared about Luke coming, but Ivory man up.
"So Ivs.. Instead of later can't you tell us all now?" Gemma said
"Tell us what?" Emilie and Texas proclaimed.
I sighed deeply.
"Okay.. Basically, In a nut shell, Luke came over to study at mine last Saturday, we studied and then he told me he liked me, and he basically asked me out but I told him I was too scared to date him, and then Mikey came up to me and told me to really think about it because he was worried about Luke.. And then I went and told my brother all my problems, and he told me to think about it and I have and now I'm going to talk to Luke after this lesson, hopefully"
All of them sat there with their mouths open..
"HOLY SHIT" the yelled
"Alright! Alright!"
"What are you gonna say to him?" Texas asked
"Tell him I like him!"
"Good on you Ivs!" Emilie added in
They all smiled smugly.

"Right, it's ten too, Jesus that went quick, I didn't think I'd be long, but anyway off you go see you next week" Mr Akers said
Jesus that had gone quick..
Shit.
We all walked out
"Good luck Ivs!" They said as they left,
"See you later!" They shouted as they walked out the door
I smiled and walked toward holding my breath. I took a deep breath and walked down, I could see my car..
And I could see Luke.
Here goes.

"Luke.."
"Hey Ivory!..what did you want to talk about?"
"Okay, don't interrupt me! But basically, after Saturday, I went to my brother to talk about everything, and he told me that if I liked you and you liked me, then all of this 'being scared' shouldn't matter, I shouldn't put myself down because of that, I need to stop ranking myself on popularity, because it's all a bunch of bullshit, I like you Luke, I like you a lot, and I wanna share that with you, I wanna be with you. I wanna be the one you call yours, I can't close my heart to things I don't want to feel. If I love you Luke I had to tell you, I had to declare it, so that's what I wanted to tell you.
He stood there smiling.
"I love you too Ivory"
He grabbed my waist and pulled me into a kiss.
"YES!" Michael, Calum and Ashton came running out, and pulled poppers so a bunch of shit went over us, Ashton gave Luke his phone, he had captured the whole thing on video...
Luke just smiled and hugged me, I felt warm, safe, relived, loved.
I broke from his hug.
"Oh yeah there's a party at mine tomorrow, you're all invited" I winked
They laughed and I hugged Luke again, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.
I got in my car and waved to Luke, all I wanted to do was dance, like in one of those teen movies from the 50s just dance and sing, but obviously this was reality, so i just drive home, singing along to the radio.