Chapter 4

Jeremy was taking an early morning jog down his street. He had earbuds in his ears and was listening to some hit tracks.

He ran past two other morning joggers who waved at him. He waved back and continued his jog.

After a while his mind drifted to the event of the previous day. He was a little bit shaken. Matt almost died had it not been for that vampire. He didn't know the reason why the vampire helped him but he was grateful, not that he will ever tell him. He was glad Matt was saved because it will really break him if anything had happened to him. He saw Matt as his brother plus he was the only one who truly understood him.

He was still wondering why the vampires wanted him. He was confused and there's the letter in the box which the vampire brought to his house. He still hadn't told the gang what he saw in the letter. He was still shocked at what it said.

And there's the Mikaelson who claims to be his soulmate. He didn't get why he was the vampire's soulmate. He was a supernatural hunter and he was engineered to hunt down vampires. They were meant to despise each other. They been destined together was just so absurd.

He sighed. He continued running until he felt eyes on him. He looked back but didn't see anyone. He thought it would stop but he still felt it so he quickly crossed over the road and hid his himself in an alley.

He looked out of the corner hoping to see the person stalking him but was surprised he didn't see anyone. He was still looking when he felt a presence behind him.

He looked down and he saw a metal bar lying on the ground he bent down and picked it up and quickly turned around swinging the bar alongside.

Halfway through the bar was caught by none other than Arthur. He smirked and Jeremy frowned and let the bar go. He turned around and started walking away.

" What a nice way to greet your soulmate," Arthur said as he followed Jeremy.

" Get lost." Jeremy told him without turning back.

" You and I both know that's impossible," Arthur said getting serious. When Jeremy didn't answer him he vamped in front of him stopping him in his tracks.

" What is your problem?" Jeremy said getting irritated, " I said get away from me."

"That would have been very easy if you weren't my soulmate but as it, it is not," Arthur said and Jeremy sighed when he saw that the Mikaelson wasn't going away anytime soon.

" Why are you here?" He asked.

Arthur was shocked at the question but he didn't show it. He just smiled.
" I came to see your lovely face," he smiled yet again and Jeremy rolled his eyes. The smile on Arthur's face quickly vanished and was replaced with seriousness.
" And to also tell you and your friends to be careful, you especially. A lot is about to happen in this city and you all will likely be dragged into it."

Jeremy scoffed and started walking away.
" It's not the first time I'm hearing that and a lot of terrible things have happened over the years and guess what we're still alive and kicking."

" What about the uncountable loss and deaths?" Arthur said as he walked after him.

" They are all casualties and they were meant to happen," Jeremy replied all emotions leaving his voice.

" Like your aunt Jenna and your uncle John not to mention your parents,"

Jeremy stopped in his tracks as soon as Arthur finished his sentence.
" How do you know about them?" He asked as he turned to him.

" I told you Gilbert there's a lot I know about you."

Jeremy started walking again.
" Aunt Jenna and uncle John died because of your family, your brother Klaus to be precise. I'm sure you know about that. So I'm guessing the message you're trying to pass is that my friends and I should stay far away from your family because they are cause of many pains and troubles in this town."