Chapter 2: Welcome to the Family Madrigal

——————————🕯——————————

Many years later, it was the start of a new day. Inside the house, there were a pair of glasses resting on a shelf. Casita shifted the shelf, so that the glasses slid down it, and a hand grabbed them and put them on. The same figure grabbed a pair of pants from a sewing machine that had his own unique design on them, and pulled them up his legs. Casita then bounced his shoes over to him, and he slipped them on as he walked.

He then opened his closet and dug through it until he found a bag that had the name 'Mateus' stitched on it. He slung it over his shoulder and walked over to his bedroom door.

An eighteen year old Mateus took a deep breath. "Make your family proud." He told himself.

(Author's Note: I bumped his age up a little bit. Hope that's cool.)

The stairs became a ramp, and Mateus slid down it, passing a portrait of his Abuelo.

"Morning Abuelo!" He greeted, and slid down the rest of the stairs.

Mateus walked into the kitchen and Casita slid a bunch of plates into his arms.

"Hey! When's the magic Gift happening?" A kid yelled from outside the window.

"My cousin's ceremony is tonight." He responded, while setting the table.

"What's his Gift?" Another kid shouted aggressively.

"We're gonna find out!"

"What's your Gift?" A little boy drinking coffee asked.

"Who's asking?" Mateus replied.

"Us!" They said that the same time.

"Well, 'us,' I can't just talk about myself. I'm only part of the amazing Madrigals."

"Who's all the amazing Madrigals?" The kids pestered.

"Ah, you're not gonna leave me alone, are you? Casita, help me out."

Mateus: "Drawers!"

Casita opened and closed the cabinet drawers.

Mateus: "Floors!"

The tiles on the floor moved in a wave like fashion.

Mateus: "Doors!"

All the glowing doors started to make noise as well.

Mateus: "Let's go! This is our home. We've got every generation. So full of music, a rhythm of it own design."

Mateus entered his oldest sister Isabella's room.

Mateus: "This is my family, a perfect constellation."

Isabella just woke up, and as usual, she looked flawless.

Mateus: "So many stars, and everybody gets to shine."