Chapter 14: Broken House

——————————🕯——————————

"What is going on?!" An angry voice yelled out. It was Abuela.

All three of them sat up.

"Abuela? It's okay! Everything's...We're gonna save the miracle. The magic..." Mateus tried to explain to her.

"What are you talking about? Look at our home! Look at your sister!" She yelled.

"Please just...Isabela wasn't happy."

"Of course she isn't happy. You ruined her proposal!"

"No, no, no. She needed me to ruin her proposal. And then we did all this!" Mateus gestured to all the wild plants. "And the candle burned brighter and the cracks..."

"Mateus."

"That's why I'm in the vision! I'm saving the miracle!"

"You have to stop, Mateus!" Abuela bellowed.

Mateus froze and frowned.

"The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers. Isabela's out of control. Because of you! And your dragging your friend into your mess!" Abuela gestured to (Y/n).

"I don't  know why you weren't given a Gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!"

Mateus gasped softly, and hung his head, as the cracks started to reappear all around them.

"I will never be good enough for you. Will I?"

Mateus's parents and the rest of her family suddenly appeared to witness what was happening.

"No matter how hard I try. No matter how hard any of us tries."

He gestured to his siblings.

"Luisa will never be strong enough. Isabela won't be perfect enough. Bruno left our family, because you only saw the worst in him."

"Bruno didn't care about this family." Abuela snapped.

"He loves this family. I love this family. We all love this family. You're the one that doesn't care."

The cracks spread out to the village.

"You're the one breaking out home." He accused.

"Don't you ever..."

"The miracle is dying because of you!"

Abuela looked shocked, as did Mateus, when a crack appeared in between them and the house started shaking.

"No, no, no!" Pepa exclaimed.

"The candle!"

The cracks spread up to the window where the candle was and the window cracked and the candle fell over.

Mateus looked up at the candle and started running forward.

"Casita! Get me up there!" He commanded.

Part of the railing fell down to create a ladder for Mateus to climb.

(Y/n) ran towards the ladder as well and followed him.

On the upper level of the house Camilo was racing towards the candle, shifting into different people to dodge the falling debris.

Isabela created a vine and used it to swing towards the candle. Unfortunately, the cracks reached her door and it faded, along with her Gift.

The vine disappeared and she started to fall. "No!" She cried.

Casita extended some wooden planks to catch her and lower her to the floor.