CHAPTER 1

Don's pov

Since I turned 18 a year ago, I've been begging my mother to let me go live on earth. I was so intrigued with humans, everyone living their own lives. I didn't know why she'd always say no and that it was too dangerous for us knowing very well nothing can really kill us except uncle Raphael but he's too busy being in love with Axel to kill me and I didn't really do anything bad.

I was walking to my mother's office when I noticed one of the female demon guards doing her early patrol. I smirked and sneaked behind her, I wrapped my arms around her waist and picked her up. Aila squealed and wrapped her tail around my neck trying to choke me but of course she can't do that because I'm a royal and she can't hurt me.

"You fuckin idiot!" She whispered yelled, I laughed and patted her head like a little puppy which made her very upset, Aila and I have been friends since I opened my eyes in this castle that's why I always bully her, out of love of course because she's like a baby sister.

"I know you love me!" I sung running away from her before she can throw her spear at me, I laughed and barged through the door of my mother's office who had a look of annoyance on her face.

"Oh you're happy to see me!" I said sarcastically, she rolled her eyes and looked back down continuing with her paper work. I used to wonder why she had to do paper work only for her to explain that she had double the work, her business back on earth and the humans who were brought down here, she had to write every name with what they did and what their sentence was, which is very exhausting if I'm being honest.

"So mom, did you think about letting me leave to earth?" I plumped on the couch and put my legs on the coffee table. She glared at me and I quickly took them off.

"No" she replied, I frowned and crossed my arms in front of me. She sighed and put her pen down.

"For my brother's sake Donovan, why do you need to go there so bad?!" She asked getting frustrated with me.

"Because I have nothing to do here, I wanna have fun, see mama's world and how they live. I wanna feel something..." I was tired of this place, I have memorized every corner and path, I finished my studies with mom and I'm just bored I wanna see the world.

"What's going on here?" I didn't even notice mama walking in the room, she sat next to me and I looked at the both of us.

"Did you ask her about going to earth again?" She whispered, I nodded and sighed in frustration.

"Baby, she's old enough to take care of herself don't you think?" Mama said trying to convince mom about letting me go.

"What about Dimitri w-" mom was interrupted, my brother isn't even a year old and he has nothing to do with me leaving, mom was just trying to find excuses.

"He's literally a baby" mama stood up and walked towards her. She sat on her lap and hugged her, she whispered something that I probably don't want to know. My mom sighed and nodded.

"You can go..." She said looking at me making me jump in excitement.

"....on one condition" she said in all seriousness,

"You're not allowed to use your powers, so no flying no mind reading and definitely no mind control" I groaned and nodded in agreement, my parents were the only one who I can't mind control, along with uncle Raphael and my brother. Well anyone with a royal blood and by that I mean not human.

"Don't make me change my mind Don, I'm not playing" she threatened making me smile, I ran out of the office and quickly to my room. I'm so excited to go see the real world. I took a gym bag and started to put my stuff when the door opened.

"You don't need to pack honey, your mom's servant will be getting you knew things. Also your mom said you can't just sit and do nothing so you have to take her spot in the company" mama explained making me groan and drop on the bed. I thought I was going on vacation but of course mom had to say otherwise.

"She cares about you she's just doesn't want you to get hurt" she rubbed my back softly, how can I get hurt I'm half demon.

"She didn't tell me how or why she was being too protective lately but she's always right so just don't show anyone your wings or your powers" mama explained kissing my head then left the room, I was too deep in my thoughts that I didn't hear someone walking in. I felt weight shift on my lap and my reaction was to flip whoever this person is on their back.

"Aila?! What the hell are you doing? I could've killed you!" She didn't say anything her eyes were just staring up at me, I tilted my head in confusion and tried to move to get off of her but she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Aila...w-" she interrupted me with her lips on mine, before the kiss can go deeper I pulled away confused.

"I heard that you're leaving and I-..." She spoke making my heart sink because I know where this is going. When she saw my surprised face she pushed me away and stood up.

"You don't feel the same..." She whispered, I was speechless and I couldn't even think of the proper words. I can't feel anything other than the love my parents gave me, yes I slept around with demons and humans but I never been in a relationship and I don't understand feelings. The sound of the door getting slammed woke me up from my daydream and I laid back on my bed with my hands on my face, good thing I'm leaving so I don't have to deal with this.

***************************
First chapter!! I hope you liked it and tell me what you think so far!!

-S