two

"Giyuu-kun!!!" Makomo shouted while running through the playground. It was crowded today, and Sabito and her had lost Giyuu. "Where are you Giyuu-kun!?"

"Sabito-kun, should we tell Tsutako-san?" The two kids knew how precious Giyuu was to his older sister and didn't know what would happen if they told her they had lost him. "No, we can find him."

They did. He was sitting on the bench, looking at the other children playing. There was one that he had kept his eye on though.

The girl was with who Giyuu assumed was her older sister. She was on the swings and her older sister was pushing her. Her black hair with purple tips were usually made fun of, but Giyuu thought of it as unique. He couldn't take his eyes off her. 

"Giyuu! I found him Sabito-kun!" The children ran to their friend. They talked Giyuu away from the girl. He came to that park occasionally afterwards, but he never saw her.

~

Sabito smiled, listening to Makomo rant on about how excited she was about transferring. On the other hand, Giyuu was not. He had settled into their old school and didn't want to leave. Nobody other than Makomo and Sabito talked to him there which he was completely fine with.

"Why did you choose this school, Sabito?" It was a famous school, and was known to have a variety of clubs and classes you could attend. "Urokodaki-sensei recommended it to me! He said that his friend is the principal here."

Soon enough, they had made their way to their classes. Sabito was only in a few of the classes Giyuu was in. Makomo and Sabito had most of the same classes. "I wonder if we'll make any new friends Giyuu. I'd definitely like a friend that is a girl!" Makomo quieted down as they entered the classroom. 

Giyuu eyed the classroom judging the people there. A butterfly caught his eye. He stared at the girl with a sense of familiarity. Those purple tips of hers. . . they reminded Giyuu of something. Something he couldn't recall at the moment.

Just his luck, he was seated next to her. He could definitely notice all the girls staring at him and whispering about him. But he didn't care. What was on his mind right now was the girl with the butterfly hair ornament.

~

Makomo and Giyuu stayed behind while the rest of the class readied themselves for their next class. Everyone had left except for Shinobu. She clutched a paper in her hand tightly and pursed her lips.

"A tutor?" She approached the teacher. "I do not need a tutor. Mind you, I am doing great in your class!"

Giyuu raised an eyebrow at her. Seeing her standing now, he noticed how tiny she was. He could have mistaken her for a 4th grader. Her voice said different. It was elegant, mesmerizing even.

"Kocho, your grades have been dropping drastically. You used to be the best student in all my classes." The math professor sighed, "Your tutoring starts today. Be at the library after school, your tutor will be there."

Shinobu's usual fake smile was back, but a vein was visible on her forehead. Giyuu was amused. It had been a while, but he was curious about this girl. "Okay professor. But, i'd like to see your face once I am top of the  class again." With that, she turned on her heel and left the classroom, forgetting the book she had left on her table. 

The professor, clearly unimpressed, looked back at the two. He handed them their schedules. "Tomioka, was it?" He looked at Giyuu with a smile, "If I remember correctly your next class is with Kocho. You wouldn't mind giving her the book she left here, would you?"

He would usually get annoyed at having to do things for other people, but he just nodded in response. He grabbed the book off the desk and left. "Oh, and Tomioka?" He turned to look at his math professor. "Careful with that one, she can be a bit. . . feisty."

I can tell, Giyuu thought to himself. He nodded once again and walked off to his next class, staring at the book in his hands. This school might not be that bad.