Chapter Nine - Encounter

(So I promised to get out more updates by tonight so here I am at 9:18 writing. I need a life xD also, as I wrote in Where We're Going, I noticed that the indenting on my stories goes completely whacky sometimes so please forgive that :)

It's literally 10:45 rn and I JUST finished. You all better love me. ;)

I was sucked back through the weird vortex that connected Earth to Oblivion, Mitch's small hands entwined by my large ones. After two seconds, when we were back in Oblivion, I let out a breath I didn't know that I was holding and Mitch buried his face into my chest. I let go of his fingers and circled my arms around his extremely tiny body, resting both of my hands on each opposite hip. I felt his arms reach around my waist and his fingers fumble behind me as I finally registered my surroundings.

We had landed back at the Edge, about ten yards inland. No one had noticed us but Kevin and Avi, and out of respect, they tried not to stare at our intimate moment, but by the looks on their faces and the quick, sneaky glances in our direction, they must have been shocked that Mitch was accepting any affection at all, much less reciprocating.

"Hey, baby, we're close to Kevin and Avi, do you want to go see them, or just go home?"

He mumbled gibberish into my chest, causing a chuckle to erupt from my throat.

"What was that, princess?"

"Wanna go home," Mitch grumbled adorably, and with a quick nod acknowledging Kevin and Avi, (Which caused them to be embarrassed by being seen staring,) I scooped Mitch onto my back and shifted until he was in the proper position for a piggyback ride. He loosely wrapped his arms around my neck and rested his head on his right arm. He kissed the hollow of my ear and I began the trek back home, memorizing my surroundings. About two minutes later, I began to pick up on soft snores drifting into my ear and I grinned.

Continuing on my journey down Main Street, I noticed a really beautiful town square with clouded benches and a solid marble statue of Michael, the archangel. I quickly remembered that this was who saved Mitch from Hell and as I stepped farther into the secluded area, I decided to say a small prayer to Michael to thank him for saving the beautiful angel-in-training that was sleeping on my back. After a quick nod in the statue's direction, I made my way back out onto the road and walked farther towards our home.

I had, unknowingly, calibrated my steps to match Mitch's snores, and being so caught up in the steady beat of his breathing, I failed to notice the blonde, five yards away in the small crowd of foot traffic, waving excitedly in my direction.

"SCOTT!!! SCOTTIE!!!"

I heard her and whipped my head around, looking for her short form through the crowded sidewalk, when I noticed her hand wildly thrashing through the air. When the other Guardians thinned out, I saw her eyes widen in surprise at the man draped on my back.

"Is that.."

"Yes, it's him. We got along pretty well after he dropped his tough act and let out his actual feelings."

"Ohhkayyy. Well, where are you guys coming from?"

"The Edge. I just saved my first life; a little blonde boy."

She smiled happily. "Awe, Scott!!! I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks Kirst," I grinned sheepishly and decided to wake Mitch up to hopefully make a friend.

"Here wait a second," I said in her direction. "Hey, baby. Wake up for me." I slowly jostled my torso and his head shot up immediately in fear. "Hey, it's okay. I'm gonna let you down, okay?"

He registered what was happening and nodded, and I gently let his feet touch the ground before going to wrap my arm around his waist. I could feel him shivering as he looked at the blonde stranger and I intertwined the hand of mine that was around his waist with his own small hand. I hope he will be okay.

"Mitch, this is Kirstie. She was the first person that I met here."

"Hello, nice to meet you," he mumbled, his head parallel with the ground.

"Nice to meet you too, Mitch." On her face was a smile, but I could see the uncertainty in her eyes.

The silence that ensued was one of the most uncomfortable things that I have ever felt. I squeezed Mitch's hand in reassurance. I had to break this silence, before I became nervous.

"Sooo, is Jeremy back yet, Kirst?"

Her blonde head popped up. "Huh- oh. Yeah, he is back. He's at the rec center with his friends."

"That's good. So, why are you out and about?"

"Oh, I was just heading over to go on a mission myself. Something hopefully easy."

Just then, Mitch's head tilted up ever so slightly and he spoke quietly. "I like your dress."

She looked at him in shock, then recovered. "Oh, thank you! It is a replica of a Versace dress that I owned on Earth."

He smiled and spoke again. "I was a fan of fashion as well. I love my Cartier bracelet." I glanced down to the thin gold band around his wrist that I never noticed before.

"Oh my, I LOVE Cartier! And Gucci, and Christian Laboutin, and Chanel, and- well, the list goes on." Her cheeks blushed at her own rambling. "Um, anyways, do you guys wanna come to a get-together that I'm having at my house? It will only be about ten people and I would love if you guys could make it!"

I glanced down to my brunette and took his megawatt smile as a response. "Kirstie, we will be there!"

"Perfect! Just come tonight around, say, 7?"

"That will work. Thank you Kirstie. We better get home and get ready! We'll see ya at 7!"

"Okay then, bye boys!"

"Bye Kirstie!" Mitch happily exchanged.

"See ya, Kirst!" I pulled away from Mitch's hand to grab the nearer one and we started back up the street to get home.

(So this one is for @sup3rfruit-id-ptx since they voted on every chapter of this fic.....YOU ROCK :) I'll probably update Where We're Going like tomorrow? By the end of the weekend {hopefully} ;)

Love you guys and stay sassy :*

~ Courtney