Chapter Twelve - When I Lost Him

I suck. I am a bad person. I know that my updates are becoming less frequent, but my dance recital is this week and I just put up a deck on my pool with my family and LIFE. So, I'm working on this and this will probably be it for this week. I'm sorry, guys.

     Mitch, of course, loved his little feline surprise. God I miss him.

     And over the course of the next few weeks, he managed to save forty-three more lives. Before it happened, I was up to two more lives left.

     Now, I'm trapped. And I will most likely never escape.

     Let me explain...

**************

      Mitch's soft breathing caused me to awaken from my slumber. I gently stretched out my long limbs, careful not to rouse him. Delicately, I lifted his head from my chest and wiggled out from underneath him, setting his head on the pillow.

 I tip-toed my way outside to meet Kirstie to plan for Mitch's surprise party. And I know that you ask why I'm having a surprise party for him. The answer? Just because.

Kirstie was heading in my direction and we exchanged greetings before walking toward the talk-only cafe in section B.

"What type of party?" she asked as we sat down in two small chairs on each side of a circular table. "Large? Small? Themed? Give me some info, boy."

"I feel like a small party. Probably with just you and Jeremy, Esther, Avi, and Kevin. And as for a theme, you...decide?"

"OOH! I KNOW JUST THE THING!" Her arms waved around excitedly as she gestured with her hands, also causing people to stare at us with a glare.

"Kirstie! Hush!"

"Shut up, I'm not loud." I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"Mhm, and I'm not dead."

"I'm going to pretend you didn't say that. Okay, what if we did like a 60's themed party since that's the last era he experienced?"

"As morbid as that sounds, I think that's a really good idea."

"Told you I was right." She smirked as I agreed with her.

"Yadda, yadda, yadda."

Later on, when I got back and Mitch was finally awake, I walked in to see him caressing the small Sphynx.

"Scottie, is he for me?"

I chuckled softly. "Yeah, baby. He's all for you."

He slowly and carefully set the cat on the couch beside him and threw his arms around my neck as I wrapped mine around his tiny, sculpted waist.

"I love him so much. Thank you," He whispered into my ear, his words; a wispy breath.

"You are so welcome, Mitchy."

"I love you more, though."

"That's good news. I love you, too."

::::::::::::::::

Later on, we met up with Kirstie and Jeremy for a walk in the giant park across town. Despite having to ignore every one of Kirstie's knowing smiles, it was fun just getting to see the beautiful flora with my boy, Miss Can't-Keep-A-Secret, and Jeremy for a while before our real work had to be done.

When we finished catching up, we headed towards the Edge and talked to Avi and Kevin for a few minutes. It turned out that Avi's partner had finally come along in the form of a redheaded girl named Lydia. That was really great news, and it made Mitch and I happy at the thought because Lord knows, Avi really deserves a great girl.

We picked our location (a stormy surf contest) and changed into our battle gear. Then, we pictured the California coast before we were sucked down.

:::::::::::::

Upon reaching down to the sand and wicked waves, Mitch sensed something and pulled me close to him. When I asked him what was wrong, he couldn't answer me. He just kept mumbling a chant or something repeatedly.

He said that we needed to get out of here, but I couldn't just let people die. I needed to save them if he wouldn't.

I shook free of his grip and ran out towards the waves, looking for any struggling surfers beneath the dark clouds.

I felt a slick hand on my mouth and tried to scream for Mitch, but when I looked around, he was fighting off these terrifying, disfigured humans.I reached down to grab my knife before placing a clean swipe between the demon's hand and wrist. The hand toppled down my white clothing, leaving a black slime behind.

I turned around to find three more demons, all waiting for me. I went to my right and prayed as I sent my knife into its chest. The figure sank to the ground as the other two attacked me, one from behind and one in front. The one from behind gagged me with a cloth and the one in front held a knife to my neck.

As he ripped off the horns of one, Mitch saw my position and started screaming my name as he thrashed, trying to rid himself of the increasing number of demons.

The one threatening me made a proposition. If I came with them, they would leave Mitch unscathed. I quickly nodded my head and telepathically told my partner that I loved him and I would try to see him soon.

And with the last fleeting communication, I was flown away from him and blindfolded mid-flight.

****************

So now I'm here. In hell.

Kinda made you guys hate me even more with this chapter. Also, shoutout to @too_fcute for being so nice and amazing. And until next time....

Love you guys and stay sassy :*

~ Courtney