Chapter Two - Judgement

(Sooo right now I'm in the living room with my family so I figured that I would write this now and work on Whims later ;) Also I am going to start the sequel to Where We Started! ^.^ Do you guys like this story? Give me feedback plzzzzz!)

         When I entered the room, I was met with a very office-like environment made of the same material that everything else is constructed from. And behind the desk towards my left sat a beautiful brunette in her twenties, wearing a casual white outfit and trendy glasses, with a white beanie adorning her long locks.

        "Hi Scott, my name is Esther and I will be evaluating you today!" She smiled brightly.

"Hi Esther, could you explain what type of evaluation this will be?"

         "Well, we will check the severity of your sins in your mortal life and the cause of your death, and then we will assign your partner and where the two of you will live if he or she doesn't already have a home."

"Okay, that sounds like a lot. Um, I guess we should start then," Scott said as he shrugged his shoulders.

          Esther stood up and walked over to a large filing cabinet in the corner. "Very well, let me find your file. Ba ba ba ba," she hummed as she fingered through the files, "Here!" She exclaimed as she found mine, thrusting it in the air in victory. Her actions made me genuinely smile with her, enjoying her carefree nature.

          The brunette came back to her desk and took a seat. She peered through her glasses as she flipped through the folder, analyzing it and making small sounds of acknowledgement.

"So how bad is it, Esther?" I asked, feeling nervousness bubbling up in my body.

           The brunette looked up at me and smiled, "It's actually really good! I mean, nothing extreme except...your death. You committed suicide Scott. That's not a generally accepted thing up here. In exchange for your death, you will have to save thirty-seven people from committing suicide themselves."

"Thirty-seven! That could take years!" I exclaimed, exasperated.

           "Not if you look Scott, you could save them within a week if you move fast enough. But you can have all the time you need here," Esther reassured. "And Scott, I like you. You seem like a good guy that got screwed for the entirety of his life. But up here, that doesn't matter to most. A lot of people will scoff at you because they will know. It travels through the grapevine very fast. Just find some good people, and never be scared to find me," Esther said, coming around the desk to give me a hug.

"Thank you, Esther." A tear slipped down my cheeks as I gripped her tightly back, realizing that I will never get a break from judgement.

            "Okay sweetheart, let's find your partner." She stood next to me as she flipped to the very back of the folder and skimmed down the page and gasped.

"What?!"

             "He hasn't ever been paired in the sixty years he's been here," she mumbled to herself as she pushed her hand through her hair. "Scott, your partner's name is Mitch Grassi. He took his life too, in 1955, when he was twenty-one. He's often left alone around here because he pushes people away if anyone tries to befriend him. He's one of the only loners here," Esther explained.

"Will he reject me?" I asked in a small voice.

              "Well, technically, he can't sweetie, but he probably won't be very nice. And just so you know, in Oblivion, we don't age. So he's still a young man, and he acts recklessly. He takes on as many missions as he can, and he doesn't care about anything or anyone. Not even himself and that's why he hasn't gone to Heaven yet. If you need my help, come talk to me honey. You have to go now, Scott. Your house number is 318-C and Mitch should already be there. Good luck Scotty." She gave me a firm hug and lead me to the door as I said my goodbyes and walked until I was out of the building, planning my next move.

(Until next time loves,)

Love you guys and stay sassy :*

~ Courtney