[*Prologue*]

A/N: Please read everything with an observant eye, there are a few clues to piece and add together. This will help much later on. Thank you! 

****

||Prologue||

Talking tones, ranging from whispers to chants, chimed throughout the dim chamber, amping up the static exuberance; they were cautious and apprehensive, treading in circles for the moment she would awaken from her deep slumber. However, no counterspell or charms were successful; The Protectress remained unresponsive.

The walls were shabby, a scratched slate pigment, and barren. The circlet of candlelights dotted along the floor in the centre of the quadrangular space supplied the only light source, bouncing off the chrome handles and rebounding off the walls, illuminating a brassy glow over the figure standing over the onyx open coffin.

On either side of the figure stood two blonde females, the taller and older of the two aided a synchronous voice, matching in volume with the figure's beat. In her palms sat an open thick-dusted Grimoire, whilst the other blonde female overwatched and assisted, supporting the sleeping dark-heads nape as the figure wielded a rusty cup filled with a mystique liquid and poured it past her lips. Using her fingers, the younger blonde massaged the young woman's neck, allowing her throat to loosen and open up, so the liquid could flow past and enter her system.

Upon laying her head down, the three women stood back and waited.

"Now, what do we do?"

"Now, we wait," the figure replied, stepping into the shadows. "It's all down to Darcella. She's sustained too much dark magic and manipulation. She needs to rest."

"And, you are sure this will be successful? A potion?" the younger of the blondes questioned again, her tone filled with scepticism.

"Ah, but this is not just any potion. This potion is very special," the figure stated mysteriously.

"Care to tell what elements were put into the potion?" the second blonde inquired. "For all we know, you could be sending her into another deep sleep. One we most definitely do not want to happen."

"All will be revealed at the right timing. You shall not need to worry about Darcella's life in my hands. It is down to me that she is awake today. Remember that," the figure declared.

"Yes, that may be so. But it was due to the Original Witch and her curse that Darcella is merged to the Doppelgangers, is it not?"