[*||Chapter One - The Beginning of The End||*]

||Chapter One - The Beginning of The End||

A/N: I've changed Darcy's height to 5.7!

   "Where it all started, and your destiny materialised of all things beginning on a Prophecy, a Curse and a Lie," another voice chimed.

   Darcella spun around, glimpsing a tawny skin-toned woman dressed in a long black dress, her bouncy raven hair draping across her shoulders as she emerged from an open door, where behind screams of torture rang high.

   Irritation coursed through Darcella's veins, causing her to clench her grip tight around the sword handle.

   "A prophecy, curse, and a lie?... Destiny? How is that even possible? Excuse me if my apology comes off as phoney, but what a crock of shit. I am so damned confused right now. Who even the hell are you? Why am I here? Got any more surprises you want to spring on me?" she inquired, frustration seeping into her tone.

   "Yes... You. Your past, present, and your future. We are about to walk the path to your past. You need to remain calm and listen to what we have to reveal and declare to you right now," the woman paused before continuing with an air of mysteriousness. "I can't tell my real name just yet, but you can call me Tess for now."

   "Yet, you expect me to listen and obey when you do not disclose your real names? Do you not see the problem here? You claim a lie, yet both you and," she paused, pointing at Fae, who had moved away paces away with her head lowered to her feet. "'Fae' have given false names and continue suppressing the truth? I stand by trust, loyalty, and your word. This won't work with me."

"I guess we have something in common then," Tess replied with an even tone and a straight face. "Your entire life is based on a lie."

"But I know who I am," she frowned. "I'm Darcella G-,"

"You are not a Gilbert," Fae commanded instantly, her voice holding finality.

   Tess let out a loose chuckle. "I'm sorry to break it to you, darling, and as Fae stated. You are not a Gilbert. If you take away that adopted title, who are you?"

   Without the Gilbert surname, she was a listless name. An empty shell with a bleak background and too many unanswered questions. Who was Darcella?

   "I don't know." 

   Darcella frowned and raised the sword to her eye level. Her sight sketched along the sharp-edged blade down to its pointed end, back up the long-gilded silver stem, to her hands slotting, missing the initials scratched into the surface on the other side, and fitting around the dual handle like two old companions meeting after a prolonged reunion. A rush of warmth and familiarity stirred her senses before it vanished when a flash of dull red caught her attention; a single oval gemstone sat nestled into the crown of the crest.