[*||The Curse and The Lie - Part Two - NEW||*]

Previously

Previously...

Esther and Mikael gazed at each other, testing the name on their tongues and with a grin, they peered down at the wide-awake baby girl. "Darcella and Kol Mikaelson."

After a few moments of the family's celebration, silence washed over them. Mikael gazed softly over the children, his eyes holding apprehensive emotion. "As men of the family, I expect it will be your job to protect your sister."

Elijah linked his left pinkie with Darcella's. "Always."

Finn linked his right pinkie with Darcella's. "Forever."

They let go, moving away to allow Niklaus to shuffle closer. The young boy's blue eyes trailed over the baby's delicate features, getting wider when noticing they shared the same colour irises. Clasping her chubby hand, he placed a sloppy kiss... "Niki alwayz protec Arse-lla."

And whilst all their eyes were devoted to the scene. They failed to see, but the girl, watching as the twins' hands combined, congealing a deep bond. 'Always and Forever.'

****

Darcella's jaw hung open, and her eyes widened with surprise -- with a jerk of her head, cold eyes peered into Fae's soul, demanding an explanation.

Fae mirrored her actions before two unknown arms reached out and wrenched them from the recollection space. They whirled around the wobbly dark brown hues interlacing with blues, greens, and yellows.

How she managed to stay on her feet, she doesn't know, but her stomach disagreed, coiling severely, threatening to make her hurl. Oh, and her head? It throbbed, the blood pulsating through her veins with a rush. It took a few long moments for the dark head girl to gain her bearings until she could hear the birds singing a sweet melody.

The gentle chorus made her heart set to a peaceful hum and flutter her eyes open to meet a vast cloudless blue sky. Warm sun rays shined down upon the two females, causing them to sigh with bliss.

"Can we stay here?" Darcy sighed.

"And not venture to the end?" Fae asked, peering down at the shorter girl, watching as she enjoyed the summer breeze. A sharp contrast to the previous wintry period before.

It was also amazing how not even a mere few minutes ago, Darcella's mannerisms portrayed anger, and now there she stands, calm. Perhaps it is a deep routed genetic factor?

The blonde-haired female additionally couldn't help but think if they were placing too much on Darcella's shoulders too soon. Would she be able to recall the most vital aspects? What would happen once she awakens – would she forget her? The last thought pains Fae greatly but knows good things come with patience. Well, she could hope.

"I'm starting to think, what's the point when the story ends with a broken heart?" Darcy replied, gazing across the immense green land. Her lips twitched, feeling the tall grass tickle her calves.