[*||Chapter Two - The Curse and The Lie -Part 1- NEW||*]

[*||The Curse and The Lie - Part 1||*]

****

One moment the four women were enclosed in the dim chamber, and the next, the room twisted into hurtling vertigo. Round and round, they spun like a merry-go-round. Ultimately, the axis ceased its relentless vortex with queasy stomachs and quivering limbs, sending two tumbling down onto an icy cold sheet.

A few moments went by before an icy pear drop descended atop her rosy cheeks, causing her eyelashes to flutter at the unexpected frosty sensation. Her breath hitched, and her fingertips and calves stung like she had dipped them into a freezing cold bath. Wetness seeped into her black dress, meeting in the centre of her spine, prompting her to jolt up with a gasp and chattering teeth.

Upon flickering her ocean eyes open, she glimpsed a pearly-white sky.

"What the hell?"

"... S-snow," a voice stuttered out. "It's snowing."

Darcy's head whipped around, pausing on the ivory-skinned hand before her face. Her eyes trailed up the purple velvet dress, dwelling at the pair of green eyes peering down at her, belonging to Fae.

"Yeah, I can see that." Darcy took her hand, pulled herself up to her feet, and brushed the snow off her rear. She glanced around, rubbing at her arms to gain warmth against the biting chill. "Question is, where are we?"

"It does not seem familiar?" Fae inquired with a single raised brow. "I'm aware you have dreams; maybe you've seen this before?"

Darcy's brows furrowed, squinting her eyes against the thick white slashes obscuring her vision. Not that it did any good, it wasn't exactly easy to see much. Everything was dull and white, making it difficult to distinguish whether it was early morning or approaching dusk. However, her gut told her she was not acquainted.

"No, I don't believe I'm familiar. My dreams are centred on one place only, but I'm pretty certain this isn't it."

"Okay, so this is not your memory," Fae muttered. Darcy watched as an edgy look flashed upon her face as she looked around the seemingly vast empty land.

"But you do, don't you, Fae?" Darcy queried with a tilted head, catching the blonde's immediate attention. "I think you know exactly where we currently are. So, why don't you start speaking?"

"You're correct," Fae confirmed, re-grasping Darcy's hand and beginning to walk. To where? She wasn't sure, but she certainly knew where she was. "Welcome to the Kingdom of Norway, 972 A.D."

****

"Wait... When you said, we were going back to the beginning. You meant here; the Kingdom of Norway... back to... 972 A.D?" Darcy stated, confused, stumbling along in Fae's haste. "But I thought you meant my beginning? What has this got to do with me?"