Ch 27: Lovestruck Wolf & Heartbroken Wolf

Keanu had a good reason to be so happy on a Monday morning, it was his newfound love, Hunter the wolf. He arrived at the tram station, waiting for him with a waggy tail, and held his backpack's straps tightly. Just to think that they had met on the first day of the semester and now in the last months of their course they were dating. But once Hunter arrived at the station with him, it was also the most awkward and corniest moment he ever felt due to last Friday night's events, there was something different about it that Keanu noticed...

Does this mean that we're now boyfriends? Keanu wondered. There was that small gap after their first date, whether would they or wouldn't they, but Hunter seemed to be looking forward to it.

The tall brown and white wolf greeted him with a good morning smile and kissed him on the cheek and a warming hug. Hunter was really on board and wanted to show it and that eased Keanu that small doubt but wanted to know if they were now a thing. He would ask later soon enough.

Class on Monday was normal, but Robin Rains from English class saw Keanu's enamored face staring blankly at the whiteboard. He wondered what was up with him.

Launch time was eventful as usual, but Milagros and Sergio were the only ones who could join for lunch with Keanu and saw a lovestruck Keanu with the most endearing facial expression he was making.

"So, Keanu, how was your date?" Milagros asked.

Keanu did not respond; he was too much in deep thought. Sergio shook his shoulder but did not do anything. Keanu kept eating his chicken salad unbothered.

"He's daydreaming, isn't he?" said Sergio.

Milagros quietly took a picture of this beautiful moment. "Looks like it," she said. She really wanted to hear about the date sooner or later until Keanu was out of his stupor.

Keanu was eating slowly and thinking about the date and his first kiss with Hunter, the Primeras Twins had finished their lunch and waved to Keanu until Xavier sat across Keanu's table.

"Buen provecho," bon apetit, said Xavier and looked twice at the young wolf's daydreaming expression from his food tray. He waved with his green-feathered hand at his face and did not respond. "Keanu?" He snapped his fingers at him but did not work. He gave up and texted the twins since he saw them leaving Keanu's table. Milagros replied to him the same thing and they could not do anything about it.

Xavier was left there, seated across a lovestruck wolf. "Qué carajo hizo Hunter para hacerlo tan feliz?" What the hell did Hunter do to make him this happy?

At history class in the afternoon, Prof. Sheehan also saw the sudden change of look on Keanu, greeting him lively with a wagging tail as if he saw the happiest puppy alive. Hunter walked into the classroom a minute late and sat next to Keanu which was a huge but innocent mistake since they always sat next to each other since the beginning of the semester without making trouble. Keanu sat there, staring at his handsome wolf dreamily. Everything about him was great, his personality, his looks... and his vividly green eyes.

"Mr. Winters?"

Hunter turned to Keanu, who had noticed him staring at him a few times, and got caught not paying attention to class.

"Mr. Winters?" Prof. Sheehan called again.

Hunter gently shook Keanu's daze, "Keanu!" and finally broke his spell as his shaking increased.

Keanu blinked and shook his head in confusion. "W-what?"

Prof. Sheehan looked stern at him with both hands on his waist. "Mr. Winters, can you tell me when California became a state and what was its statehood number?"