Ch 30: The Long Week

And so, the week of third term exams began. Keanu had English first on Monday morning while History on Wednesday. Science for Tuesday morning while Art and Architectures for Thursday. While Keanu would enjoy a full Friday quietly at home, he had that group project to do and could not just leave it behind his groupmates.

Hunter had math that morning alone and hardly had seen his friends today. He was ready for the other exams and so was History and he thanked Keanu for helping him.

Keanu was refreshed and had a nice cup of coffee from the vending machine this morning before walking into class. Students were half-awake and held their own caffeinated drinks.

"Please, finish your drinks, I know you all, and so as myself, are half-awake, but I don't want any stains on the exam papers, and let's begin with the test," said Professor Lovett of English class.

...

Well, it went well. Once students finished, they could leave the class. Keanu finished the exam at ease, it wasn't that hard, so he was one of the first students to leave the class within a half-hour. After he left, Robin Rains came out shortly after.

"Hey, Keanu, how was the exam?"

"Uh, just fine, it was easy."

"Easy? Easy as pie!" He chuckled.

The corridors were empty as they walked to the main entrance. Robin then spoke beside Keanu, "Hey, about last Friday, I'm sorry if I interrupted your... you know."

"Oh," Keanu looked away a little annoyed, "it's okay, we were just making-out."

"You sure? Your date seemed like he was about to unclothe..."

"Stop it, please!" Keanu raised his voice with a small growl.

Robin was taken aback and raised his hands in defense. "Okay, okay! Sorry! My bad."

Keanu sighed annoyingly and spoke calmly, "Just don't mind other people's business, okay? He's my boyfriend."

"Oh, since when? I mean, when did you start dating him?"

Keanu exempted this question; he was just curious. "You know I won that Halloween prize, right?"

"Oh, yeah, now I remember, so you asked him out, that's nice."

"So, how did you meet Hunter?"

"Oh, didn't I tell you? I think you were there when you were studying with him at the library before. Well..." Robin made an uncomfortable face. "Wait, I only said the happy version. I don't tell anyone about this, but when I met Hunter, I was pranked by his friend Sol."

"Oh, Hunter told me about it. He played as the bait."

"Huh, he told you about it, are you cool with that now that you're dating?"

"He's too embarrassed to talk about it, and besides, that was like before I asked him out."

"Hmph, I like your reasoning. Well, at least it'll be less awkward to talk about it." They stopped by the building's entrance. Robin crossed his arms, recalling the event was just humiliating and horrifying he ever felt in his life. "I'll admit, the guy was hot and all, so I made a move on him, and he felt for it, though he was pretending he was enjoying it as part of the prank. Ugh, I should have known better from the way he was keeping me steady from doing anything to him, and I'm not sure what was wrong with him, but he could not hold a simple nut. I'd never been so blue balled in my whole life when Natasha burst inside the room to attack me."

Keanu was weird out with his way of words but got an idea of what he said. Maybe it was to keep it simple and less obscene. And the last part about not holding a nut explained Hunter's embarrassment to talk about it. Now he understood Hunter's uneasiness about the whole thing after the prank. Might as well let it pass as if he were capable of cheating on him, let alone a prank he volunteered.