Chapter Two

Gideon and Leonore looked at Ama in shock, minds racing with thoughts as they stared at the Demon almost disgustedly.

        "Well you guys sure know how to make me feel welcome. You can stop staring at me like that now, aren't you supposed to 'Love thy neighbour' or something?" Ama said sarcastically, not liking the disgusted looks being thrown at her.

        Gideon narrowed his eyes at Ama slightly before wielding his double bladed axe, "What even are you? God would not send a Demon to us, a Demon can't even step a foot in Heaven, so leave now before I descend your soul Demon." Gideon spat out at Ama.

        In mere seconds, her whole body lit up in flames before she vanished out of sight, making Leonore and Gideon look around confusedly.

        "Thing is," Ama's distant voice said, they turned around to see she had turned back to her Angel and was sitting on a window ledge, "I'm not a Demon either." Ama said, a smirk forming on her face.

        Leonore's eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, while Gideon still looked at Ama warily, standing in front of Leonore protectively. "Then what exactly are you?" She asked curiously.

        Ama let out a light laugh as she unfolded her white feathery wings, "I, dear Leonore, am a hybrid. The first of my kind. Part Demon, part Angel." Ama explained, her head tilting to the side as Leonore's eyes widened slightly, shocked at the new breed.

        Gideon turned back to look at Leonore, not approving of the hybrid, "Leonore, we cannot trust it. It may not be a full Demon but it has Demon blood nevertheless. We should descend it's soul before it changes its mind and attacks us." He said, glaring at Ama, effectively pissing Ama off.

        Suddenly she went up in flames once again and appeared in front of Gideon, knocking the double-bladed axe with ease before he could react, before holding his jaw to make sure he was looking at her very pissed off face.

        "Listen here pretty boy, I am not an 'it'! I am a woman, and don't you dare talk about me like I'm a piece of trash that you can easily dispose of. I am the first of my kind which means you know nothing about me. Contrary to your belief, I am actually more powerful than your dear queen and Naberius himself. If I wanted to kill you all, I would've done it already." She spat out, glaring at Gideon as he glared right back.

        Ama let go of his jaw before stepping back a couple of steps and smirked, "besides, pretty boy, I don't descend, nor do I ascend." She said, making Leonore's confusion and curiosity rise.

        "That's impossible---"

        "Obviously not." Ama said, cutting her off, which irritated Leonore to no end, but she still continued.

        "A soul can only descend to Hell or ascend to Heaven. It's one or the other." Leonore said.

        Ama let out a sigh of boredom before saying, "Have you heard about Phoenix's?" She asked.

        Leonore looked at her confusedly once again, wondering why she would bring up the subject of Phoenix's, "Yes of course. Why?" She asked.

        "What happens when a Phoenix dies?" Ama asked Leonore, looking at her nails in boredom.

        "They are---" Leonore gasped as she came to the realisation, making Ama smirk wider as Leonore finished her sentence,
"...reborn!"

        Ama clapped her hands slowly, and said, "Bravo. You pieced the puzzle. No matter how many times you kill me, I will always be reborn. Now, I'm getting tired and I'm guessing your weird little castle is going to be the place where I'm going to crash, so, let's fly."

        Gideon grabbed her arm tightly, stopping her as she turned around, making her look back at him with a raised eyebrow, "And what happens if we refuse your help?" Gideon asked, a stern expression crossing his face. "We can't risk having a new breed, which we know nothing about, step into our home. It's best if you go back to wherever you came from. We don't want your help, we shall ask for God to send another." He said.

        Leonore gasped and looked at Gideon angrily, "Gideon you do not make that decision." She said, "I do."

        Ama looked at Gideon angrily before she spat out, "You won't get any more help! I'm what you get or you get nothing. Besides, I've made a deal with God and I plan to go through with it. Now make your choice: Me, or watch the rest of the Gargoyle Order crumble."

        Gideon glared at her as she merely shrugged in reply and glared right back as she said,

        "Your choice, pretty boy."