One-Sided Friendships (Chapter Three)

The pressure on your shoulder released as Ballora looked towards the soothing voice. You scrambled backwards, away from Ballora, and into a corner.

"He will help us," the voice said.

You put your hand on your shoulder as it throbbed. Your ears were still humming from the loud screams. Your eyes watered, and you could barely see the silhouette of an animatronic. By the looks of it, you guessed it was Circus Baby.

"How do you know?" Ballora asked, her face plates twitching a bit as she looked back at you.

"You will help us, won't you?" Circus Baby looked at you, Funtime Freddy's and Bon-Bon's gazes following.

You quickly nodded, shrinking from their threatening glares. You weren't going to argue or ask questions, as you were afraid of what would happen. You tried to wrap your head around the idea of these animatronics being alive.

"How will we know that he won't try to escape later?" Ballora continued to glare at you.

You tucked your legs to your chest, trying to avoid all the stares. It was impossible to keep from shaking in fear.

"I've closed the elevator, there is no place to run to. Besides, I believe he knows better not to try to go against what we say," Circus Baby said, glancing to you.

"But wh-what about the cameras?" Freddy asked her.

"I disabled them before he came. It appears as if he had never even arrived."

Ballora stood up, her face plates closing. Funtime Freddy picked up Bon-Bon and placed him back on his arm.

"What will we do with him in the meantime?" Ballora wondered.

"We can be-befriend him!" Freddy cheered.

You flinched at his outburst. They didn't seem to want to kill you anymore, but you remained curled up in the dark corner.

"Very well, then. Please forgive me, dear, for my behaviour." Ballora looked to you and bowed her head.

You looked up at her sympathetically, burying your face farther into your knees. You were too confused and scared to do anything else but sit there.

"Hello, my na-name's Freddy! This is Bon-Bon! Bo-Bon-Bon, say 'Hi' to our new friend!" Freddy's voice bounced off the walls.

"Hi," said a high-pitched voice, coming from the puppet.

You didn't say anything, but rather, you looked at the animatronic with wide eyes. He walked closer to you and your heart started to race. He sat in front of you, putting his feet together. His ears shook and his faceplates twitched some.

"No need to-to be shy!" Freddy chirped.

You whimpered, afraid that he would hurt you. His ears drooped, and his face plates moved into what looked like a frown. You paid attention to what--little--facial features he had changing. He looked upset.

"What's wrong?"

He looked at you, taking notice of your posture and how you were sitting. He glanced to the puppet, who nodded and hopped off of his arm. The rabbit scurried into the Breaker Room. You looked at Freddy, but quickly looked away as you noticed that he was staring at you sympathetically.

The tapping of Bon-Bon's hands and some rustling caught your attention. Bon-Bon had your bag in his mouth and was dragging it with him. As he was getting closer, he tripped over the string and slid into Freddy's leg. Freddy picked him up and reconnected him onto his arm, with the bag still in his mouth. Freddy grabbed the bag from him and stuck it out for you to take. You looked at the bag, then back at him.

You slowly reached for your bag, cautious of the bear. Your fingers curled around the top of it, and Freddy released it. You brought the bag to your chest and gazed towards him. His ears perked back up and you quickly looked down at the floor. You sighed and rested your cheek on your knees. Freddy giggled at your acceptance.

"Freddy, you don't need to pressure him into a corner," Ballora said.

"What do you mean?" Freddy looked up at Ballora.

"I mean, you're scaring the poor boy."

Freddy looked at you and gasped, his speaker hissing. "I'm not scaring you, am I?"

You looked at the bear, afraid of what he'd do if you said yes. Freddy stood up and took a few steps back.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't me-mean to scare you!" Freddy said.

"I don't blame him, you guys did almost kill him," Circus Baby spoke up.

"And I apologized, Baby," Ballora said, her foot lifting up.

Ballora stretched her hand out for you to grab. You hesitated, but gently grabbed it. She pulled you up and you stood nervously. You rubbed your shoulder, the pain in it having finally subsided. You grabbed your bag and held it in front of you.

"Do you like to dance?"

"Ummm." Your mind drew a blank, too worried about the whole situation.

"That's fine, dear, meeting new people can be nerve-wracking."

'But you guys aren't people,' you thought to yourself.

Your reasoning told you that it was weird that they were talking to you. They were animatronics that were supposed to be artificially intellectual, but were acting as if they had human intelligence.

A head popped out through the vent. It was Funtime Foxy. He stood up, swishing his tail a bit. He looked at you and his face plates twitched.

'Him too?' you thought.

"Foxy, he is going to help us," Baby said.

"Is he now?" he said, not taking his eyes off of you.

"Yeah! We're all go-gonna be the best of-of friends!" Freddy cheered.

"He's a real doll." Foxy gaped at you.

"This is so ex-exciting! Bon-Bon, aren't y-you excited?"

"Yeah," said the small rabbit, its arms shaking.

You laughed nervously, rubbing your arm a bit. Freddy grabbed you by the shoulder and pulled you towards him. He lifted you up and laughed, as he could barely contain his excitement.

"This is gonna be so fun!" he exclaimed, setting you down.

You faked a smile, then sighed. You sat down in the corner again, sitting cross-legged. Your stomach growled. You already ate the last Kid Cuisine yesterday, so you hadn't had anything to eat yet today. The only thing you had left was the one snack bar that was in your bag. You took it out and unwrapped it. The rustling of the paper caught the attention of the five animatronics. You were about to take a bite out of it, when you noticed all the stares.

They quickly turned to something else: Ballora started to play some music and dance around to it, and Baby and Foxy watched her. Freddy and Bon-Bon were still watching you, though. You tried to shy away from their stares as you ate your bar.

You rolled down your sleeves, protecting your arms from the cold. Your eyes became heavy and you yawned. You curled up and laid your head on your bag. Soon, you drifted off into a deep slumber.

Photo is by MasterOhYeah on DeviantArt