Revenge (Chapter Twenty-Three)

You helped Baby out as James started backing the truck up. You put her down and walked towards the front door of Afton's house. You opened the door slightly, making sure Afton wasn't in sight. Everyone walked in and you quietly closed the door.

"Alright, here we go," you boasted.

You walked up the flight of stairs, everyone following you--not knowing what else to do. You heard the water running in the bathroom. You walked into a room and found yourself in Afton's bedroom. There was a safe in the corner of the room that had a keypad.

"Crap," you muttered as you walked up to it.

"What is it?" Freddy asked you.

"This safe has a code," you groaned.

"Oh."

"Do you guys know what the code is?" you wondered.

"No, we don't," Baby said, looking to everyone else.

You sighed. You thought of maybe going into the safe like you did at the pizzeria, but you were afraid that you would break it, or that you wouldn't be able to get back out. You walked over to the table that was beside the bed. You opened up the drawer and Afton's wallet slid into view. You picked it up and held it in front of you.

"What do we have here? Oh, my," you snickered--the wallet was filled with almost three hundred dollars.

You pocketed the money and grabbed his credit cards as well. You dropped the wallet back into the drawer and closed it. You turned to the rest and walked past them and back to the safe.

"Do you guys have any idea what it could be?" you asked them.

"Um . . . What about that one code?" Freddy exclaimed.

"What one code?"

"The one that you used to use to open the elevator," Freddy mentioned.

"Oh, right! I put it in my phone," you blurted, reaching into your pocket.

You took out your phone and pulled up your notes. You put in the code as it said. Once you finished, you crossed your fingers and tried to open it. You smirked as it unlocked.

"Thank you, Freddy," you said.

"Oh . . . Well, it was no problem, really." Freddy blushed.

You looked through the safe: it held a few hundred dollars, which you immediately grabbed and stuffed into your pocket, and a bunch of papers. You looked through the papers--they all seemed to be important, but they didn't interest you.

"I think we're done here, guys." You grinned, closing the safe and locking it back up.

Freddy and the rest followed you as you walked out of the room and down the stairs. You looked around for a door that led into the garage. When you found it, you smirked. You opened it up and walked inside. There was a Gold Cadillac SUV parked in front of you. On the wall next to the door was a key rack with a key on it.

"Boy, this is a beauty. You know, it'd be a shame if someone were to- I don't know- steal it," you sneered.

You grabbed the keys for it and spun it around on your finger. You opened the garage door, then got inside the vehicle. You ran your fingers on the wheel and smiled.

"Everyone get in. Freddy, you're in the front with me," you said and ushered everyone in.

"Yay," Freddy squealed.

Freddy got into the passenger seat and buckled up. Baby got in behind you, Foxy went behind Freddy, and Ballora was in the middle--so Baby and Foxy could see out the windows.

"What are we gonna do now?" Baby asked as she buckled up.

"First, we're gonna go pick up my stuff at the pizzeria. Then, I guess, we can stay at that hotel I was staying at before. It's only ten dollars a night, and there aren't many people there. Also, when we get there, Foxy and Freddy, you guys need to get rid of the ears and tails," you said, pulling out of the garage.

~ ~ ~ ~

"Yeah, a room with two beds," you told the man at the counter.

"Okay, and how long will you all be staying here?" he asked.

"I don't know, for sure," you said.

"Then you will have to pay as you stay. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"You will be on the third floor, in room 1-0-5," he said, handing you the room card.

"Thank you," you said as Baby, Ballora, Foxy, and Freddy, followed you to the elevator.

"What is this thing?" Foxy asked, dragging your suitcase into the elevator with him.

"It's an elevator. You guys have one at the pizzeria," you told him and pressed the floor button.

"We've never been on it," Baby pointed out.

"I have!" Bon-Bon bragged.

"Oh. Well, it's kind of like the platforms on your stages."

~ ~ ~ ~

You walked down the hallway, counting the room numbers. When you got to room 105, you slid the keycard down the lock. It glowed green and clicked as it unlocked. You opened the door and the inviting smell of a new room engulfed you.

"Aah," you sighed, stepping into the room.

"Woah," Baby gasped as she ran to the bed.

She climbed onto the bed and stood up. She laughed as she jumped up and down. Freddy grinned and got onto the other bed, copying Baby and starting to jump. Foxy dropped your suitcase on the floor and sat on the couch. You grunted as you grabbed it and put it in front of the dresser.

"You guys want something to eat?" you asked.

"Sure!" Foxy exclaimed.

"How does Chinese sound?"

"What is that?" Ballora wondered.

"Chinese it is," you muttered, taking out your phone.

Photo is by pizza-bot on DeviantArt