CHAPTER TWO

Chapter Two

"Meeting Itadori, Yuji"

            "Where is the damn thing? How hard is it to look for something as small as a box? Can't Gojo-sensei look for it?", Noriko was getting bored and irritated

            "Where is the damn thing? How hard is it to look for something as small as a box? Can't Gojo-sensei look for it?", Noriko was getting bored and irritated. What's wrong with the rugby field? Is a corpse buried down there? Even so, this curse should be a Grade 2 Curse. Is that the effect of the curse? Megumi had thought to himself without paying attention to Noriko's constant bickering. She saw the curse that swam below, but didn't pay much attention to it. If she was a child, she would have been scared, but she learns not get scared by it. It was nothing to her, but an ugly monster. She follows Megumi wherever he was going while Megumi was deep in thought. She wasn't annoyed by the fact that they have to look for what Gojo wanted them to retrieve, she just despised schools like this. After all, she never attended one where they were a lot of people – yup, not a people person. Jujutsu sorcerers were rare. Megumi and Noriko heard a commotion about someone competing against each other. They went to check it out and saw a pink-haired boy, wearing red shoes, pants and a yellow hoodie, competing with seems like a coach or a teacher. Of course, the spiky pink-haired boy won and everyone cheered for him. Noriko and Megumi walked closer to the boy talking to his friends. "Nice throw", Noriko said which to her surprise, Megumi agreed – he would sometimes disagree with Noriko – and said the same thing. The boy looked at Noriko and Megumi with confusion, maybe because he hasn't seen this two people before. Megumi left and Noriko followed but left the boy a smirk. While the two were walking, the boy run passed them and when he did... they felt a rush on their bones. It was the special grade curse. "The breath of the curse object", Megumi said in a whisper. Noriko was shocked that it sent shivers all over her body. It was a different feeling, much different to what she feels seeing an ordinary curse. "Hey! Slow down", Megumi tried calling out, but the boy was a fast runner as well as he was good at throwing. "I heard that guy runs 50 meters in three seconds", a student said on the background which surprised both Megumi and Noriko. That's quite impossible, Noriko thought to herself. They decided to follow the guy wherever he was going. They knew it was hard – because they couldn't see where he was going – but they were both determined to get the special grade curse and Noriko was determined to get back to campus as soon as possible.

            They followed him to a hospital. The Sugisawa Hospital. They saw him signing something and Noriko felt a little bit sad for him, even though she doesn't know what he is signing. Hospitals meant sick people and signing something meant either someone died or someone he loves is sick. She has never experienced such a thing, but the thought of it, makes her want to cry. "Are you Itadori Yuji?", asked Megumi standing in the dark with Noriko beside him. He introduced himself and introduced the girl at his side – carrying a bow and arrows on her back – with such a serious tone. "I'm Fushiguro from Jujutsu High and this is Kento Noriko. I have something to tell you". Itadori was confused. He has never met this man or this girl before – he just saw them wondering the school grounds earlier – or even heard about a 'Jujutsu High'. Itadori followed the two people and they talked in private.

            "Well, I'm in mourning", Itadori said looking at the tall man in front of him and the short girl that was with him. "We're sorry, we don't have time. We need something from you", Noriko seemed calm when talking. One thing to know about Noriko is that her attitude depends on both situation and mood. And because she feels sorry for Itadori's loss, she's speaking softly and calm to not make it seem like they were in a hurry and to show respect. "The curse object on your hands is very dangerous. Please hand it over immediately", Megumi says, his hands on his pocket. "Cursed object?", asked Itadori a little confused as to what these two people want from him. Megumi shows him a picture of a box and inside the box was something wrapped in paper.  "Oh, that one. Yeah, I picked it up. I don't care about it, but my seniors are very interested in it", Itadori says plainly as he sits at a chair in his back. Now, Noriko is getting anxious. Curses are dangerous and cursed objects are even more so. If put into the wrong hands, it could cause major damages, lives lost. "Why is that dangerous anyways?", the pink-haired boy asked. Megumi explains that most of Japan's missing persons and accidents are cause by curses or 'the curse'. He further explains that what he is saying is true. Curses are born from negative emotions, specially in schools and hospitals where more resentment is formed. Noriko demanded the box back, but when Itadori gave it to her, it was empty. Megumi grabs Itadori's arm asking about where is the object in the box and Itadori replied, saying that it's in the hands of his seniors. Noriko puts her hand in Megumi's shoulder and demands him to let go of Itadori. "Let's go, before someone dies tonight", she says in a dark tone that stunned the clueless boy listening to them.

            They ran as fast as they could, Megumi and Itadori behind Noriko. Itadori guided them towards the way to the school. "Noriko, we have to hurry, the seal is old", Megumi shouted at the girl in front of him. They ran and ran. "Where are they?", Megumi had asked. Itadori replied by saying his seniors were in the fourth floor of the building. When they reached the gate, Itadori felt a pressure surge into his body. "Stay here and don't move", Noriko commands as she climbed at the top of the gate and jumps off running. "I'm coming too! It's dangerous, right? Even though I just met them, they are my friends and I can't just leave it alone", says the pink-haired boy to Megumi who was already on top of the gate. "You heard Noriko, stay here". And off Megumi runs to help Noriko.

            "Noriko! The curse has been activated. The breath is still strong", Noriko and Megumi followed the scent and noise. Noriko was now behind him as he called forth his divine dogs, to get a monster out of the way. Noriko readies her bow and arrow and helps the divine dogs as they ran towards the curse and ate it. She shoots the arrow with curse energy in it and it went straight to one of the eyes of the curse. She and Megumi runs inside to go look for the curse relic and bring it back to Jujutsu High. They continued to fight curses in front of them as Noriko shoots an arrow one-by-one from a far distance. When she got closer to the curses, the ends of her bow had embedded knives and with both curse energy and her immense combats skills, she slashed the curses, killing them in the process. They turned into a corner where they stopped as soon as they saw a giant curse, almost eating a girl. Noriko thought she might have the cursed relic and if she was eaten together with the special grade, it will catastrophic results. Noriko prepares an arrow ready to be shoot at the monster, when suddenly... Someone jumps from outside, breaks the glass window and jumps at top of the monster to punch it. "Itadori!", Megumi shouts. Noriko stops from shooting her arrow, she can't shoot while Itadori is on the target, but she was amaze as Itadori single-handedly punch the curse and saved the girl along with Ryomen Sukuna's finger. After saving the girl, Megumi fires his cursed energy and Noriko shoots her arrow, killing the curse. Megumi's divine dogs eats it, enjoying a good meal.