CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Chapter Fifteen

"The Past that remains: Part 2"

            As the sun had set down, I was outside of my room, near my balcony under a tree

            As the sun had set down, I was outside of my room, near my balcony under a tree. I took a deep breath, breathing in the cold breeze that brushed against my skin. "What're you doing up at this hour?", he asked as he sat down beside me on the bench that was set on the ground. "I could ask you the same", I turned to face him. "Can't sleep", he replied. "Me too", I smiled softly. He sighed so loudly, breathing in the air and I had curled up, hugging my legs, resting my chin on my knees. "Something bothering you?", he asked as he moved closer. "No, ju-just random thoughts", I spoke as I kept looking at my surroundings before turning my face upwards, where the sky was a sea of stars and the moon had shined the brightest.

            "Care to share?"

            "You'd laugh if I did"

            "Try me... what are you thinking right now, Noriko?"

            "Vanilla ice cream with sprinkles on top and fries to go with it"

            "Why would I laugh at that"

            "I- I don't know. Because its silly and stupid that I'm thinking of food right now and I'm not even hungry"

            "Then, let's go", he jumped as he stood, offering a hand. I was confused as I stared at him. "Go where?", I asked. "Buy some vanilla ice cream with sprinkles on top and fries to go with it", I giggled as he completely said what I said. "We can't go at this hour. Besides, if anyone sees us, especially my uncle, my dad would be furious", that was true. My dad would be so furious, not with me, but with Yuji. I could even imagine him chasing Yuji down with his tie on his hand, curse energy through it, his weapon on the other, and his furious, scary and intimidating look, plastered on his face. I would be lying if that didn't intrigue me or wasn't funny. But still, if we were to go somewhere, past curfew, we'd be breaking the rules.

            "I'm a master athlete. I can escape any prison", he said and I rolled my eyes playfully and laughing at his announcement. "Oh really, well then, let's escape this prison", I took his hand and pulled him to carry my weight. His eyes widen at the sudden contact of my hand on his. It made my heart flutter as our faces almost touched when I had pulled him. I should have warned him, shouldn't I? I hissed at my stupidity and quickly pushed his face away from mine. "I'll get some jacket or coat", I went inside my room, taking the hoodie he had given me one time – let me borrow – and took a coat for myself.

            I tossed him the hoodie, thanking him for letting me borrow it. "Oh, look. It's one of my hoodies, the other one was shred to pieces", he examined his hoodie with a weird look on his face. The other one, being the one where Sukuna had taken over and decided to strip off of his clothes, in front of me and Megumi. Talk about awkward. "Noriko? What's this?", I was wearing my coat, fixing myself when he walked towards me, showing me the blood stains on the left sleeve of his hoodie. I stared at it for a few seconds, the horror of turning into a monster had scared me. "Uh, well. We were training and I kind of, you know, hurt myself. I-I'm sorry, I can wash it", I was embarrassed. And of course, I also didn't want him to know what had happen, assuming that he doesn't know.