CHAPTER TWELVE

Chapter Twelve

"The games"

*Changing POVs*

*Changing POVs*

            The first game had started with everyone on the Kyoto school targeting Yuji, probably because they were being told to target him. His existence was probably one of the most dangerous things to be existing in this world. But it was no reason for them to kill an innocent boy. I remained calm and proper as I took a deep breath and made sure that I was in control of both mind and emotion. I didn't want to have my other self, coming out because I might do some damage, not just to myself, but also to my friends and the others.

            As soon as Todo appeared like we had anticipated he'd be going solo, the latter dispersed and split into three teams, me and Yuji fighting alongside each other. It was Maki-senpai's orders, having me try to use my technique on Todo-senpai.

BEFORE THE TEAM BATTLE...

            We had a meeting before the game, ruling out every possibility that comes our way. Maki told us that Todo might go solo, defeating all of us in one go, Mai following him after to take out Maki. She reminded us of how Todo single-handedly beat up me and Megumi. I looked away at the mention of my name, the sheer reminder of me going out of control. Yuji turned his head looking into my direction. Megumi went to my aid asking if I was alright. "Would it be possible to avoid him? I don't want losing control", I said to him in a whisper, the others not hearing. "You won't, just focus on your breathing, nothing else", he said to me and rubbed his hand on my back, pushing back my tears as I stared in horror, memories of going berserk making me want to vomit and cry out. Maki appointed Yuji to deal with Todo, along with me. "But, Maki-senpai. You know, I can't de-", she cut me off, before I could even finish my sentence. "This will be a good time to practice yourself. Train your technique and self-control as well", she had a point, but my fear wasn't leaving as my heart pounded. "We'll do our best, okay?", Yuji gave me a reassuring smile, a thumbs up as he put his hand on my shoulder. I calmed down for the meantime, but when I had faced off with the monster, all my fears started bugging me.

BACK IN THE BATTLE...

            "Your speed is quite good and Noriko, are you here for revenge?", I looked down as he spoke, my voice deepening as I chuckled, a hint of my hidden self, coming to surface. I immediately pulled back and reminded myself to be calm. "You don't know how much I want to beat you up, Todo-senpai", my voice was deeper than usual. I gazed into his direction, the intent to win this fight clear on my expression, I smirked as both Yuji and I launched our attacks. Todo punched his way, hitting the cursed spirit and Yuji, sending him flying on the other side, hitting the tree, his back probably aching. "Hey! Don't you dare ignore me, you son of a bitch!", I shouted, running to him, joined my middle and index fingers together, my ring and pinky curled up as well as my thumbs and focused all of my energy to my next attack.