CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Chapter Fourteen

"The Past that remains"

            It's been days since the incident at the school

            It's been days since the incident at the school... "Sorry we couldn't visit you", Yuji says as I was finally back into my own room. "They took you to another room, so we couldn't come to you, but I'm so happy that you're alright, Noriko!", Nobara whined as she hugged me so tightly, her head hardly pressed on my chest. "Your father came, didn't he?", Megumi asked and I nodded, Nobara letting me go as soon as Megumi had spoken. "Nanamin was here?!?", Yuji exclaimed, stars in his eyes and I giggled. "Nanamin? Is that what you call him? No wonder he doesn't like you", I laughed, hysterically as I put a hand on his shoulder. "Wait, did he say he didn't like me?", he seemed so down that I had burst out laughing, holding my stomach. "Don't worry, Yuji. He doesn't really mean that he doesn't like you. He's just a little overprotective of his only daughter", I softly smiled, my hand had remained on my shoulder. The two, Megumi and Nobara had stared at us, while we were staring at each other.

            "What is going on between you two?", Megumi asked. "Yeah, I kind of been feeling a vibe", Nobara added. The both of us, turned to look at them and jumped away from each other, looking away at the opposite direction. "Nothing's going on, guys", he said and I remained quiet, nodding off. "Oi, Itadori. Have you got something to say to us?", Nobara poked into Yuji's cheek, narrowing her eyes as she stared at the boy. "W-what would that even be?", he stuttered and my stomach twisted, my heart pounding.

            Just then, we were called out for a meeting. Gojo-sensei had asked us if we were to continue on with the event. Todo-senpai spoke his words and we all attentively listened. He made some points about having to be strong, use our experiences to strengthen our minds, body and soul. He also added that we might regret not finishing the goodwill event. Of course, we were pretty confident with ourselves, agreeing to Todo-senpai's point. We might as well do it anyway. "So, what's for the individual battle, Gojo-sensei?", I asked, stepping forward, a hand on my hip. "There's no individual battles this year", he plainly smiled and we all stared at him, confusion. It has always been group battles on the first day and individual battles on the second. "I hate following routine", he commented and I rolled my eyes. That's my uncle, alright. He tosses a wooden, with round opening box to Yuji, explaining that he'll be drawing lots, to see what kind of battle we were having. As he had taken out a paper, both principals of each school suddenly appeared. They looked at the paper to see 'baseball' written on it. It was becoming more aware, that Gojo-sensei, my uncle Satoru, had done something about it. Shouldn't they just do it again, their way? I mean, why honestly follow my uncle.

...

            Now, we're on the field, playing baseball. Turn by turn, we hit the ball, played the game and try to win, fair and square. Time passed like no other. It was fun to play a game, without so much violence and fighting. I've never been into normal school before, but I love how this game feels, carefree. Nobara might have snapped, which was fun to watch, as it came out funny in the situation. Maki-senpai had hit Todo-senpai right through his face, which was also borderline stupid, but hilarious. I may not like the guy and I think he clearly deserved that, but I also have great respect for him. Always have and always will. Meanwhile, as I have tried to hit the ball, I was distracted by Gojo-sensei's insane way of being an uncle. "You can do it, Nori, Nori, Nori-chaaaan", he said, cooing like a baby and I got so annoyed, that I had lost focus. I groaned and stopped back to my seat. "I'm calling dad on you", I said to him, in which he begged me not to do, because he won't hear the end of it. Dad was pretty brutal, when it comes to Uncle Satoru. And that is what makes them a great duo.