CHAPTER NINE

Chapter Nine

"Noriko's hidden self"

            Please, don't make me

            Please, don't make me. Don't make me this angry. As she gazes at the man, with each step, nearing to their beat-up selves, Noriko could not help, but feel like wanting to kill someone. It's true, Noriko has two sides of one coin. The other, where she is serious and the one where she is reasonable. But with her serious, there's a hidden self, deep within her. Something she doesn't show much and something she would never want anyone to see. People, in general can be good and bad, has both sides of yin and yang, good and evil. One cannot exist without the other, that's why you can never be good if you don't have a bad side. And a bad side, can never be without the good. But even so, people have things – personalities and attitudes – they don't want others to see, and for Noriko, that's her anger. She had anger issues from the start of her birth – the start of her understanding the world as it is. She was always angry with everything, but with her anger, comes the bad. Her intent of wanting to kill. She was clenching her fist and jaw. Please, don't. Calm down, Noriko. Please, be calm. She wanted to cry, but her eyes were too dry. She looks down and clenched her chest, then gazes back to Todo. "Todo-senpai. You have done it, for sure", she laughs like a villain. Megumi stands up. "I heard you don't use curse techniques", he says. "Oh that rumor's fake. I only use it on special grades", Todo replies, but his attention was focused on what Noriko had said.

            Megumi launches an attack on Todo, using his shikigamis. His bird and frog, mixed. Noriko gets ready to fight. Noriko attacks him first, running to him, her hands with curse energy and tries to punch him, when he suddenly disappeared and reappeared behind Megumi. Shit. He's fast. Todo grabs Megumi by the waist and flips him, hitting his head on the ground. Todo jumps high from above and punches the ground that Megumi was on, but it was a good thing that Megumi was able to dodge it. Noriko saw an opening to punch Todo in the face, which surely made an impact on him. "You certainly did it, Todo-senpai. I'm so glad!", Noriko didn't seem like her usual self. She continued on punching him while... laughing like a maniac. Todo dodged a few and protected himself, but Noriko wouldn't stop. "Oh, you've done it. You've done it. You've done it!", she said again and again. Megumi looked terrified, then, he recalled a conversation he had with Noriko, the first time they met.

            They met not in school. But when Gojo introduced Noriko to Megumi when they were just little kids. Megumi was supposed to be sold to the Zenin Clan, but Gojo intervened with that plan and supported Megumi and his sister financially, making him sort of Gojo's adopted child? Well, sort of, not officially. Both Noriko and Megumi had lost their parents – although, Gojo is kind of the reason why Megumi is fatherless – and met when they were both in elementary. With that saying, in their first meeting, Noriko was a little happy go-lucky, and smiley, but her tone switched to a serious one when she talked about her hidden self with Megumi. "I can be playful if you want or like, quiet and bored-of-the-world if you'd prefer that. I can also be your friend, but I doubt you'd want that considering you. I can't believe Uncle would take care of a kid. He's a kid himself. You're so quiet, sorry if I'm talking too much. I'm like that from time-to-time, not always. *Megumi looking at her saying nothing* Anyways, since not many people know this and I just met you, so I would like to tell you something. If we'd become friends, just... Please don't make me angry. I'd turn into a monster if I do. That's all. *Noriko smiling* Make sure not to forget that and if I do become a monster, just shout stars align. I made that phrase up to calm me", Megumi blank expression remained.