9.

- Hush, lest the wind arise

- Hush, lest the wind arise. -

CW: violence against women, human trafficking, sexual abuse and harassment, torture ( it's more of a realization in James mind before the real events of it ).

Each step that James took down the stairs to the basement felt heavier and heavier, if he dragged a heavy weight around his ankles. The air even felt more heavier than it used to. Not because he wandered several feet under the ground in the concrete basement of the firm, but because of what the man inside his second office would declare. It was like the tension in James body oozed out and affected his surroundings.

James didn't even had time to go home and change or unpack after he landed on the mainland. Thankfully, his assistant Sam met him up at the airport to take home his belongings. His agent Bishop, or Kate as James preferred to address her as, also waited at the airport to pick him up in a black suv. He didn't even recognized the woman at first. Her brown hair was curled loosely and he hadn't seen her in such normal and civilized clothing that often before. He was used to see his two most skilled agents in their uniforms almost daily. They practically lived and breathed their work.

Just like James.

James opened up the steel door to enter his office with Kate right behind. Tony leaned by the glass desk while adjusting his glasses, a toothpick dangled from his lips. James could tell he'd been up the whole night. His lids seemed to heavy to hold up straight. Kate took a seat on the black leathered couch in front, picking up a cup of steaming hot coffee from the rounded glass table in front.

James rolled out his office chair to take a seat while Tony handed him a cup of coffee. He'd been waiting patiently to hear further information. " I'm here now, so how bad is it? "

Tony stood up and turned around. His knitted sweater hugged his upper frame, defining his muscular body. "Hawkey's still in Chicago to have eyes on Rumlow. He reported back to us yesterday to confirm his conclusions. Rumlow's doing the same every nigh, walks down the streets with a new woman to take them into an abandoned apartment. "

" Have he tried go inside yet? "

" I didn't allowed him to, not alone at least since it's to dangerous. There's to many heavy loaded men outside the building. "

Kate scoffed while taking a sip. " Yeah, by men who would be out of their breaths by just lifting their guns...come on Tony. Do you really think Hawkeye can't handle a bunch of sweaty and overweighted men? "

" It's not that I doubt his skills. I just don't want him to get caught or worse, being killed from my orders. " Tony replied with a determined look.