11. DECISIONS.

Me: no mom, I’m not.

Mom: (smiles) mh okay. But it’s not a sin to be pregnant you know…

Me: I’m not pregnant mom. I’ve gained because I spoil myself. That’s all.

Mom: okay ke Nana. You can go to your room, dinner will be ready Now now. Get changed and wear something comfy.

I head to what used to be my room when I used to live here and I get changed and get comfortable. It was awkward because I wasn’t comfortable with my dad being around and all that, but I wasn’t there for him. I was there for my Mom. As time goes by, she dishes up for us and we eat. I wash the dishes and head to sleep afterwards.

THE NEXT DAY

8AM

I wake up and do my morning routine. I wear my jumpsuit and takkies, brush my hair and head to my mom who was already awake

Me: Good Morning Mama.

Mom: hi Nana.

She hugs me.

Me: lale njani.

Mom: I slept well thanks, You ?

Me: like a baby… as always.

Us: (Giggles)

I dish up some porridge for us and we eat.

Mom: How has work been.

Me: yho, draining. So our Old boss Mr Michael’s Sold the company and it’s now run by this Italian/Africa Family called the Redello’s.

Mom: yhoo, and then what happened.

Me: and then, now the company goes through these changes that we never expected. The company got renovated and renewed. We now have our own places where we work, even though it’s just like back then, but now it has barriers to avoid the other person next to you seeing you or being in your business.

Mom: and then…

As I spill some tea (Gossip & Valid Details) My dad appears

Dad: I’m going out to see Jacob, don’t wait up.

Mom: (nods)

I look at him as he leaves.

Me: who’s Jacob ?

Mom: his friend. Let’s continue…

We continue talking and Cook together. Like old times. I still felt weird after what my mom said. I couldn’t believe she said that.

STEVEN REDELLO

My name is Steven Redello, Andrè, Quinton, Richard & Gia's father.

Me: Now that I have managed to convince her that Quinton is not what she thought he was, I have to move to stage 2.

I pick up my phone.

Me: mhh, Oya. Please inform Ms N. Mabuza to come to the office as soon as she arrives on Monday. There are some forms she needs to sign.