Chapter 16: I'm just afraid of her

I couldn't stop thinking about Jungkook. Is that place safe for him? He was living with a psychopath, anyway.

After a long time of thinking I decided that my debt as his friend is to tell him the truth!

I dialed him, ready to tell him about the message and with who exactly is he living.

"Jimin? What's up?" - Jungkook asked me.

"Um,... I really need to tell you something." - I said.

"Is everything okay? You don't sound well." - he told me.

"No, I'm okay, but it's not that!"

"Okay, I'm listening to you." - he said.

"Well,... actually I....wanted to ask how are you? Did you get along with Lisa?" - I didn't have the courage. I startled.

"Yeah, we got along and I'm fine. Whatever, do you wanna come here at home? I'll send you the address." - he suggested.

"Yeah, sure! If Lisa doesn't mind." - I said.

"She went to the mall with her best friend. That means she won't be back soon, so don't worry."

"I'm taking a shower and I'm leaving. Will be there after 20 minutes." - I closed the phone.

I said that with only one thought in my mind. - I'll search all the cabinets for any unknown or suspicious pills.

I took a shower, got dressed and left home. I arrived in front of Jungkook's house.

It was big, with four floors, cleaned and shining. I didn't expect that.

I knocked the door. Kookie opened.

"Jiminie, come in! I missed you!" - he hugged me.

Inside the house was even more amazing.

"I didn't expect your house that much-"

"Oh, yeah everyone reacts like this when they see it for first time. I don't get what is that amazing?" - he shared.

"No, it's just so... beautiful!" - I said.

"Anyway, come on sit down! What do you wanna do?" - Kookie asked.

"Um, never mind." - I replied.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?" - he suggested.

"Yeah, sure."

"What can I treat you with?" - Kookie inquired.

"Actually, I'm not hungry at all. I'll just go to the kitchen to take water. If you don't mind." - I said.

"I can bring you."

"No, no I'll go!"

I went to the kitchen and secretly started to check and search all the cabinets for a suspicious pills.

I was searching as fast as I could. But there wasn't anything that could help me expose Lisa. There really were only normal things for a kitchen.

"Jiminie, do you mind if we watch Harry Potter?" - Kookie shouted through the room.

"Okay, I like it. Um, you can prepare it, I'll go to the toilet and come to watch." - I shouted back.

I entered a random bedroom. It was Lisa's. I started searching all the cupboards, desks, under the bed, under the rugs... But there wasn't anything suspicious.

I got mad that I couldn't find anything.

"Damn it!" - I hit with my fist a painting she had on the wall.

A phone fell of from behind the painting.

I was surprised and confused. I took the phone and unlocked it. There wasn't a password which was strange.

I checked the calls. She phoned only one number every day. The number didn't have a name. I checked the messages. It didn't have any.

All of a sudden, I heard the front door. Lisa was coming back.

I wrote the phone number on a paper as fast as I could, and put back the phone behind the painting. When I opened the door to go out of her room, Lisa came in front of me and she was looking me in the eyes.

"What are you doing in my bedroom?!" - she asked me angrily.

"Um,.. I was trying to find the bathroom. I'm sorry!" - I went to the living room, where Jungkook was waiting for me.

There was a nice blond girl waiting for Lisa.

"Oh, Jimin this is Rosé. She's Lisa's best friend." - Jungkook met us.

"Hey, nice to meet you!" - she held out her hand for a hand shake.

"I'm Jimin! Nice to meet you too." - I had only one thought in my mind. She could tell me something about Lisa.

"Lisa went to take some money and we're going back to the mall. Jungkook, I'll go to the kitchen for some water." - Rosé said.

"Okay. Jimin, are you ready to watch?" - Kookie inquired.

"Yeah, just a minute, my sister wanted to phone me. I won't be so long!" - I went to the kitchen.

Rosé frightened from me. She spilled the cup of water she was holding.

"I'm sorry, did I frighten you?" - I filed her some wipes.

"It's okay. Don't worry!" - she replied.

"I wanted to ask you something. Know that my aim isn't to make you mad or to offend anyone." - I said.

"Okay, what's it?"

"Is Lisa the person she pretends to be?" - I asked her.

"Wh-what are you talking about? H- how dare you?!" - Rosé visibly tensed.

"Tell me what you know! I won't tell anyone about it! Someone sent me a message." - I showed her the message. She read it.

"Look, I sympathize to you, so I'll tell you something."

"Thank you!" - I replied.

"Lisa has mental problems! I'm pretending to be her bestie, just because I'm afraid of her. I'm afraid she'll do something to my father. I only have him, since Lisa killed my fiancé, because I was ignoring her." - Rosé whispered in my ear.

I was shocked and speechless. I stared into Rosé's eyes horrified. As if I was in a horror movie.

"But you didn't hear it from me! If she understands I'm dead!" - Rosé left.

Next chapter coming soon! :)