Chapter 2: The Introduction

Alex spend most of her time daydreaming after that, not just at school, but also at home, her parents wonder, what happened to their daughter?

Alex can't focus on anything, her mind keeps thinking about the hybrids, will she ever see them again? She haven't even meet all of them, only the leader. At first she's unsure if she have to return or not, but now, she is sure what she should do. She will return to that abandoned school.

When Alex walk back home that afternoon, her parents aren't home. This is her chance to finally sneak again into the Forbidden Forest. She sprinted out of the house and into the forest.

She keep running, until she found the same old building and knock on the door. But this time, it's not Ave, it's someone else. Alex can't see their face because they wears a bucket on her head with two holes and an upside-down triangle hole at the bottom so she assumed it's a mask. But who would wear a bucket as a mask? Alex may can't see their face, but according to the skirt they are wearing, they must be a girl.

Alex thought that hybrids are very old so they must be taller than her, but she's not 100% right. This one isn't even much taller than her (only an inch maybe, oh, and Alex is 10 year old). Alex can't really see her appearance because her body is like hidden behind the large door. However, Alex can see her writing on something then showing it to her.

'So it's you again, mortal being? You do have the guts to return after what happened to you yesterday...'

"Um yea, and how do you know that?"

'Ave tell me, she didn't usually release humans that easily, so you are supposed to be grateful she spared your life and never return to this place!'

"I'm sorry, but I'm still a lot curious about you all. And why do you choose to write instead of speaking? Are you mute?"

'Do I really have to give you an answer? And no, I'm not. I just don't usually talk to strangers.'

"I see, can you let me in then?"

'And why should I?'

"So I can see Ave, I really want to meet her again."

'Wow, you are the most strangest human I've ever seen. No one has ever been so eager to meet her, especially humans like you. But no strangers can meet my sister that easily.'

"Oh, so you are her sister, she mentioned?"

'I guess? She mentioned me?'

"Yeah, I really want to meet you too! Nice to meet you, I'm Alex, what's you name?"

'Um, Sheryl. That's my name, so just call me that, I'm fine with nicknames too.'

"Cool, can I come in now?"

'I suppose yes, but only because you're such a different human, okay?'

That girl opens the door wider, stepping aside so Alex can enter. It's very noisy inside, Alex decide to walk around a bit (not too far, the school is huge so she'll probably get lost) and finally decide to find the source of the noise.

Soon, she found a huge room and almost squealed in happiness. Hybrids! Everywhere! There are hybrids everywhere! Her dream just come true!

It's all noisy in the room. But once they see Alex, everything become quiet. One of them stands up and walk towards her and Alex know who it is, Ave.

"Alex! I never thought you'd return! It's nice to see you again!"

"It's nice to see you too, Miss!"

"Don't worry guys, she's all good." Ave tell the other hybrids, and soon the room become noisy again. Now Alex feels nervous, she never see this much hybrids before.