Chapter 8: The Past

So today, Alex already have her plan. She will sneak into the Forbidden Section again to seek for more information. But how will she do it? Guess, she'll need some help. Alex make her way to George and Sasha's house. And George opens the door even before she knock.

"Hello, Alex, what do you need?"

"Where is Sasha?"

"She's quite busy right now, is there anything you would like to tell her?"

"Actually, I have a crazy plan I want to talk with her."

"Alright, what your crazy plan?"

"So a few days ago, I stole a book from the Forbidden Section in out school library."

"What? How? You know that students are forbidden to go in there?"

"I know, it's a long story, but I'll tell you anyway. That day my dad forgot to pick me up at school, so I sneak into the library and got locked in school but I managed to escape."

"Yeah.... I won't ask how you escaped. But, what did you do in the Forbidden Section?"

"I'm searching for information about the hybrids, and I found their backstories and some information about the DNA experiment."

"Really? In the Forbidden Section? I never thought you'll found something like that there."

"Yeah, and I'm going back there."

"What? Why?"

"I still want to know more about the hybrids, and the Soul Crystal."

"Isn't it better if you know nothing about the Soul Crystal? Your mom will try to make you tell her if she knows..."

"I know. But I really want to know more, besides I'm not that weak. Anyway... do you know something about the crystal?"

"Actually, I'll show you something."

George gestured Alex to follow him inside. There, he shows her a storybook. After reading the storybook, it concluded that the Soul Crystal is made by hybrids in the past. But how is that possible? Ave is the first hybrid to ever exist, is this book lying? Alex won't be surprised if it's a lie because storybooks are made to entertain kids and it probably telling lies. So Alex will still go to the Forbidden Section to seek for more information.

The next day, the three of them are ready with their plan. George will distract the librarian while Alex and Sasha will steal as much book as they can (that they think can give them information about the hybrids). George then enters the library and pick a random book. He pretends to read while making a loud hum so the librarian look at him. Meanwhile, Sasha and Alex tiptoed behind the bookshelves and into the Forbidden Section.

Alex then pulled out her large bag and they began to read the title of every book to find the interesting one. The bag is now very heavy and they struggled at making their way out. They could hear George pretends to argue with the librarian about what physics actually is. When they walk pass George, they give him a small nod to tell him that they already get whatever they can. A few seconds later, George suddenly hit the table hard enough to make everyone in the library look at him.

When everyone is looking at George, Alex and Sasha quickly crawl out of the library. That wasn't very smooth, but they managed to steal all the books they can, wondering how they will return them after this. When they returned to the twins' house, they started to read all the books they stole, but all they hard work worth nothing. None of the books tell them how the Soul Crystal is made. Maybe there's only one way to find out, asking Ave herself. They know that the principal probably refuse to tell them but what else could they do? If we don't try, we never know.