Chapter 10: The Farewell

Both of them reached the mall in no time. Alex's dad is still confused what are they doing in the mall. But whatever it is, they are not here for shopping.

"Dad, can I borrow your phone?"

"Why?"

"Just give it, please?"

Alex's dad give her his phone in confusion. Alex dialed a few numbers, and soon someone answered the phone. And the person is George.

"Hello, Alex?"

"George! This is urgent! You must come to the mall now!"

"Uh, now?"

"NOW!"

"But the mall is too far away..."

"Please! This maybe is our last chance to find Sasha!"

"Alright alright, but you're not lying to me right?"

"No, please come as fast as you can."

After ending the call, Alex returned the phone to her dad, who is still confused.

"What is actually happening?" he asked.

"Dad, which store did mom usually visit?"

"Hey, you've asked enough questions, now it's my turn."

"Alright, I think we might find some clue in this mall. If mom really kidnaped Sasha, then she must done something in the mall. Since it's her favorite place."

"Good thinking, but I still don't get it why."

"Enough with it, dad, now which store?"

Before Alex's dad could answer, they heard someone calling Alex's name from afar, which is George. He is also confused, just like Alex's dad.

"George, I'm glad you're here, just follow us for now okay? I will explain it later."

George didn't say anything, he just followed Alex and her dad to a makeup store. And George, just like the sane person he is, asked for explanation from Alex.

"Okay, listen. If mom really kidnaped Sasha, then we can look for some clues in this mall. Maybe sounds ridiculous and not making any sense, but we should give it a shot."

Not making any sense? For both George and Alex's dad, it is not making any sense. How come Alex's mom's hobby to buy makeup being part of this case? Did she kidnapped Sasha to sold her for money so she can buy makeup? Why not selling her own daughter? That's what George's thinking but he doesn't want to share his opinion because it'll make Alex offended. But, it could be right, maybe they should give it a shot. The three of them look inside the large makeup store and decide who will ask the cashier.

"Listen, you know the cashier better than me and George, so you should ask her." Dad said.

Alex don't have any choice, she go up to the cashier and ask her.

"Uh hey, do you know a woman who often come to this place?"

"A bunch of woman always come this place."

"Uh, is there anyone who looked like me? She's my mom."

"I don't even know you, how can I know your mom?"

Alex rolled her eyeballs and take out a pic of her mom's ugly pose that her mom gave her ("Look Alex, the Photographic Agency is looking for a model for their next shot, and I should say, they are choosing the right person.").

"This is her, do you know her?"

"Let me see.... well, she did looked like someone who always come here."