57 :: kik

The only reason why I agreed to leave my dorm tonight was because Carrie had begged me to.

I mean, just earlier in the day my friends were all saying they were busy - which I completely understood since I, too, had shut them out before to study for exams, and just recently Carrie had gotten herself a boyfriend that I had yet to meet - and even Jungkook seemed too busy to even text me. I had guessed that they were probably rehearsing for their concert tomorrow night. Except, the other members had posted some photos of them going around LA.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't hurt that Jungkook was avoiding me. Well, all my friends were but I was more affected by Jungkook's absence.

Anyway, Carrie apparently wanted us to finally meet her boyfriend. I didn't know why she wanted this meeting to take place in some fancy restaurant but I didn't question her. Carrie was pretty laid back so it was most likely the boyfriend's way of impressing the best friends.

I sent a text to Carrie, letting her know I was here already. It was like they weren't even here.

I sent another text and got this reply:

caramella: ur not looking

I let out a huff, getting impatient. Couldn't they come to find me?

I scanned the room, hoping to find someone familiar.

And I did. Though it wasn't someone I was expecting.

My phone vibrated in my hand - probably a text from Carrie - but I ignored it. I was more focused on the person who was standing right in front of me.

I couldn't believe he was actually here. What is he even doing here anyway?

Jungkook was smiling and I could only guess that I looked amusing to him. Although, I don't know what would be amusing about a very very confused girl right now.

He was walking in my direction and I could feel my heart beating in my chest.

"Annyeong," he greeted as he stood in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, not really knowing what to do.

"Waiting for you," he replied with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes at his smartass reply. He held out his hand. "Let's go?"

I took his hand and let him lead me through the maze of tables to the far corner of the restaurant.

"So, how are you?" I asked, breaking the silence as we scanned through the menu.

"Good," he answered. "You?"

I nodded. "I'm good," I replied awkwardly before returning my attention to the menu.

"Are you... uh... will you be paying for this?" I finally managed to ask. I hadn't expected the prices to be so high.

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah, so order whatever you want," he said. "I'll take care of it."

"So, you'd be alright if I got maybe everything on this menu?" I joked.

He rolled his eyes, unamused. "I'd be more worried about where it all goes when you're done."

I shot him a glare as he went back to look at the menu. The waiter came and asked for our orders and all I ordered was spaghetti and meatballs. I would've gotten something more expensive but I decided otherwise.

We talked for a while until our orders came, then we started talking again as we ate.

"You know, just this morning I re-watched your MV for Just One Day," I mentioned.