Chapter 8 New Luna

Ash P.O.V.

     As we walked into the house I staggered back slightly as Cat threw herself into my arms, "I knew you would be back for me! I knew it couldn't be true."

     Amari gave me a pointed look and I nodded knowing this is what she had meant. I didn't miss the hurt that flashed threw her eyes as I did my best to try and calm Cat down. I supported her with an arm around her waist before I turned to Amari.

     "You go ahead and take the stairs to the top floor and you will find the luna and alpha quarters. The whole top floor is mine. You can take a shower and change for dinner while I take care of this." She kept a blank look on her face as she walked away without another word and I let out a frustrated sigh.

     I pulled Cat with me into the office and deposited her into a chair before leaning against my desk and giving her a moment to compose herself. I handed her a box of tissues and she thanked me as she wiped her eyes. 

     "This can't keep happening Cat. I came back because I live here. You just threw yourself at me out there in front of my mate. I don't think you understand the problems this may cause."

     She looked up at me as she sniffed, "Does she know about me?"

     I narrowed my eyes at the question, "Yes, I told her on the way over. I don't want to keep any secrets from her."

     "And she's ok with it?"

     I rubbed my face, "Of course not. One of her conditions is that while she's here, you can't be. I need to do what's best for everyone and I believe what's best is if you go back to live in your parent's pack again."

     Her eyes widened in shock, "So I get dumped, lose my luna status, and now you want to send me away? What did I ever do that makes you treat me like this?"

     I let out another sigh, "I'm sorry Cat but after what you just did in the entrance way I'm inclined to agree with Amari. We can't live with my mate and you constantly butting heads. This will be best for everyone."

     She looked angry now, "Fine, you are the alpha and I can't fight that. My parents do live a while away so I'm hoping this can at least wait until morning. I can call them tonight and let them know I will be there tomorrow."

     I nodded my head, "I don't see why not."

     "Oh, and I left some things in our bathroom. Can I pick them up before I leave?"

     I ignored her use of the word our and I spoke, "Sure. I have training early so just find me after that and we can get your stuff."

     She stood up without another word and left my office slamming the door behind her. I sighed as a picture on the other side of the room fell off the wall breaking the glass. I walked over and scooped up the picture before mind linking one of the omegas to come and sweep up the glass. I set the picture down on my desk before walking to the door to make my way up to my room. 

     Ari P.O.V.

     I was surprised at how clean and modern the inside of this house was. It was beautiful but it sort of made me afraid to touch anything at the risk of breaking it. I was shocked as a small light-haired woman threw herself into Ash's arms sobbing.

     "I knew you would be back for me! I knew it couldn't be true."

     This must be Catrina. I gave him a pointed look as he nodded his head in understanding. He was now realizing his mistake in letting her stay. I looked away as my mate comforted the other woman he had fallen in love with. I knew he was sending her away but there was still a pang in my heart at the sight of Ash holding her around the waist.