Chapter 25 Sofia

Ari P.O.V.

     I was woken up at five thirty the next day by Xander shaking me. "Amari, we have to get up. We need to get out stuff in my car so we can leave."

     I groaned and swatted at him, "Its too early. Just a few more minutes."

     I heard a chuckle before I was lifted into the air. I gasped as my eyes flew open falling on Xander's smiling face. I huffed and smack at his shoulder as he sat me down on my feet.

     "Awake now babe?"

     I glared at him, "Unfortunately."

     He just smiled back at me. "Why don't you get a shower and I'll pack our stuff into the car."

     I vaguely heard him chuckle as I grabbed clothes and wondered how he was always so chipper and happy all the time. I walked quietly down the hall and to the bathroom. I rubbed my face trying to wake up as I turned on the shower and stripped down. As I stepped under the spray I let out a sigh the warm water relaxing the muscles of my back. I squirted some shampoo in my hand before lathering it onto my head and using my finger tips to scrub my scalp. I did my best to release the tension that was in my head. It hadn't occurred to me until late yesterday that I would be forced to see Asher at this conference. There had been so little time sense he had caused my mental break that I was becoming nervous about seeing him again. Not to mention, he has a new Luna now. I know I had rejected him, and I know she's his mate, but we just lost the babies a month ago. I was still dealing with the trauma and having a hard time letting Xander in, but Asher had already moved on. 

     I let out a sigh as I rinsed my hair trying to push these thoughts from my mind. I turned the shower off before stepping out and drying off with a towel. I wrapped the towel around my head before I got dressed. I had a simple pair of jeans and a gray t-shirt and my black flats. I pulled the towel off my head and ran a brush through my hair before brushing my teeth. My hair was entirely too long at this point so I grabbed a hair tie before throwing it up messily into a bun. I walked back down the hall to my room and peeked in, the luggage and Xander were no where to be seen. I could hear light chatter from the kitchen so I made my way towards it. As I walked in Mom and Dad were at the table drinking coffee and Xander was leaning against the island doing the same. Mom and Dad carried on there conversation but Xander looked up and smiled as I walked in. I smiled and walked over to the coffee pot finding just enough for me to have a cup. I put some sugar and creamer in it before walking and leaning against the counter next to Xander. I could see his coffee was black and I made a face as he took a sip.

     He saw my look and raised a brow, "What?"

     I shook my head, "Nothing. Just seems like there is some unspoken rule that all alpha's like their coffee black."

     Dad decided to join the conversation now. "We cant all drink it with tons of cream and sugar like you and your mom does. We actually like the taste of coffee."

     I made a face, "What flavor? Bitter?"

     Mom let out a laugh and we all fell silent as we sipped our coffee and Mom her tea. Mom and Dad stood to leave saying there good byes before leaving out the front door. I listened as the sound of the car engine had faded away. I downed the rest of my coffee before placing my cup in the sink. I went into the cupboard and rifled around before finding a pack of honey buns and offering one to Xander. 

     He took one before he spoke, "We should get going too. Its a long drive."

     "Alright then, lets get this show on the road."

     Xander smiled as he set his cup in the sink and walked over in front of me. I looked up into his face as he lifted a hand brushing his fingers across my cheek. I let out a sigh and leaned my face into his hand closing my eyes enjoying the warmth it brought me.