Chapter 21 I Hate You

Ari P.O.V.

     I took a deep breath, slightly confused, as I looked around my parent's living room before the night before came flooding back to me. I groaned as I sat back up putting my aching head into my hands. Ash had been pushing so much all night that it had given me a headache the size of Texas. I had managed to keep my mental wall up so far but if he kept pushing like that I would have to let him through. I stood up and stretched before heading into the kitchen. Mom and Dad and the twins must have still been asleep because it was empty. I walked over to the fridge opening it. I was happy when I saw a watermelon in the fridge. I grabbed it out of the fridge and grabbed a knife out of the drawer cutting it in half. I grabbed the salt and a spoon before sitting down at the kitchen table. I looked up as Mom walked in and she smiled as she saw what I was eating.

     "I had your dad pick that up this morning before he came back. How are you feeling this morning."

     I groaned, "Other than this pounding headache, I'm good."

     "Ash trying to get through all night?"

     "Yup," I popped the p.

     She sighed, "He's not going to give up."

     I nodded, "I know."

     I flinched as I felt him ramming against my wall again. Mom gave me a sympathetic look as she turned on the stove to heat the kettle.

     "I would give you something for the pain babe, but anything strong enough would be bad for the babies. You might have to talk to him. I know you don't want to but he at least needs to know he's hurting you."

     I sighed, "I know. I just wish he would give me time. It hasn't even been twenty-four hours. He can't even give me one day. I'm pissed and just want him to leave me alone!"

     Mom took the kettle off the heat before coming to sit at the table. She grabbed my hand in hers and squeezed it. "If you don't want to talk to him send him a text. Let him know he is hurting you and that you need some time. Ok?"

     I brought my free hand to my head and rubbed it as I nodded. She gave my hand another squeeze before she released me to finish making tea. I threw away the rind before making my way out to my car to grab my cell phone. I didn't notice the pack of men that were on a run as I stepped down the stairs right into their path. I gasped and attempted to get out of the way and tripped back. I closed my eyes and prepared for an impact that never came. I opened my eyes slowly coming into contact with a bare tan sweaty chest with a large wing across one peck and a quote on the opposite side on his collar bone that said trust your strength. I was pulled up straight and I looked up into the light green eyes of a man I didn't recognize. His hair was a sweaty mess of dark brown that was shorter on the sides and longer and curly on the top falling into his eyes. 

     I tried to speak as I realized I had been staring for an embarrassing amount of time. "I-I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going."

     He smiled showing off his straight white teeth, "It's no problem. I've had people a lot less beautiful than you get in my way before."

     I flushed realizing his arms were still around me and I took a step back. "I, um, I'm Amari."

     He held out a hand, "Xander."

     I took his hand and gave it a squeeze feeling the warmth from him penetrating my hand. I dropped his hand, "So are you new here Xander? I've never seen you before."

     He nodded, "I'm actually here to get some training before I take over my father's pack, the Blackfoot pack. It's about a three-day drive from here, Alpha James if my father."