Chapter 11 Marking

Ari P.O.V.

     I paced the living room back and forth wringing my hands as Dominic's words kept going threw my head. Could this mean he would try to show up for the mating ceremony tomorrow? Would he be that stupid to come alone here when there are so many willing to lay down their lives for their alpha and luna not to mention all of the out-of-town guests that would be coming? It had been a few hours since Ash had left but that's what I expected and honestly, I didn't have his cell number yet. It just wasn't something we had gotten to yet, not that I had much time to spend on my phone these days. I turned around as the door clicked open revealing a tired-looking Ash.

     He froze as he saw the state I was in, "What happened?"

     "Dominic called. I think he might show up here for tomorrow's event and try to cause trouble for us."

     He rubbed a hand across his face as he walked in and plopped down on the couch. I sat down next to him curling my legs under me and laying a hand on his arm. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me to his side and I rested my head on his shoulder. 

     He sounded tired as he spoke. "I would ask how he found out but this whole thing hasn't been being kept low-key considering it's with a vampire prince and a werewolf princess."

     I laughed, "Funny how your a werewolf alpha and a vampire prince."

     He cracked a smile, "Does sound kind of funny, doesn't it? Even if he does come it's not like we will be short on people to help us fight."

     I looked into his eyes, "Do you think it will come to that?"

     He rubbed his hand up and down my arm soothingly. "I doubt it. Dom may be crazy but he isn't stupid."

     I nodded my head changing the subject, "How did it go with Cat?"

     He sighed, "There were a lot of tears but I watched her get on the flight. I called her parents before she took off and they will let me know when she arrives safe, which should be sometime tomorrow morning."

     "They aren't mad at you? For choosing me over her I mean."

     He shook his head, "They were pretty understanding from the start."

     I let out a sigh, "That's good I guess."

     He didn't answer and when I looked up at his face it was relaxed with sleep. I smiled and grabbed the blanket next to me covering us both up before resting myself comfortably in his arms and falling asleep with him. 

     Before we knew it we were being woken up to the sound of someone knocking on the door. I looked at the clock on the wall that read 8 am. Who the hell was knocking on our door at this time? Ash carefully moved me off of him as he stood up stretching and walked for the door.

     My ears perked up as I heard, "Luna Kearstin. What are you doing here?"

     I stood up and walked towards the door, "Mama?"

     There stood my mom and my Aunt Nay. "Babe, did you guys forget what today is? The mating ceremony?"

     Ash and I shared an oh crap look before Mom sighed and pushed her way into the room with Aunt Nay close behind her. 

     Ash stood there silently until Mom turned to him, "Ash babe you can go to your office. Everything you need to get ready has already been placed there. You have time to catch up on pack business if you need to. It will take us a few hours here and the ceremony doesn't start until noon so make sure you are ready and waiting."