ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝕊𝕀𝕏

(tw - mentions of abuse and angst)

You and Wilbur had been idly chatting away after the performance, and at some point Lia had joined in with the conversation. You were currently talking about ducks.

"Ducks are just water chickens, they don't even fly." You said, and Lia interrupted you. "Maybe they just don't want too." "I don't think they can fly." You combated with a death stare, and she laughed. "I can google it right now to prove my point."

"Too late!" Wilbur yelled in victory, holding up his phone for you to see. "Ducks can fly, and they use it to migrate." You read, and pouted as Lia cheered.

"I told you so! Wil, I told her that, didn't I? You lose Y/N!" "What a way to be a good sport." You said with a smirk as Lia pointed at you. "I am celebrating a well deserved victory!" She said angrily. A ringing could be heard from your phone, and you paused. No-one ever called you, except your horrible parents. "Y/N, it says it's your mother." You felt yourself go pale as you took the phone and stood up, walking outside. You pressed accept.

"Y/N! It's so good to hear from you!"

"Oh, really now? You only ever call when you want something."

"Is it so wrong to call my beautiful child?"

"Yes it is, because you cant take a hint and leave me be."

"Y/N. I have something I need from you."

"I'm not surprised, only disappointed."

"Y/N, your step-father and I are in serious debt-"

"And I've said it a thousand times! It's your fault your both addicts, and its definitely not my responsibility!"

"Y/N! You will give us what we need, I am your mother."

"You lost those privileges when I left woman."

You pressed the red button, and your mothers shouting voice was abruptly silenced by a single tone. You looked down at your hand, which were shaking. You felt a hand on your shoulder. "Y/N?" A soft voice could be heard behind you, and you promptly burst into tears. A warm embrace blanketed you, and you let all your misery out.

A light tapping sound brought you to your senses. It was followed by a wet drip down your head, cold, but not unpleasant. Wilbur laughed, a pure, holy sound escaping his lips. He grabbed your hand and pulled you up. It was raining. "Come on!" He yelled with joy, dragging you whilst he sprinted across the park, tearing along the pathways of Brighton. You smiled, and laughed as you felt the water hitting your face then immediately peeling off. It was exhilarating.

"Where are we going!?" You yelled to Wilbur, and he yelled with joy, "I don't know! Wherever the rain takes us!" And you both ran until you couldn't run anymore. 

———————

So sorry for all the slow updates and the short chapter! I'm trying to think of where I'm taking this story, but I'll try to have another chapter posted soon! I also got a AO3! I'll be doing different things over there, but feel free to check it out!

https://archiveofourown.org/users/Grey_Decemi/pseuds/Grey_Decemi

Baiiii - Grey